Jump to content

Sk8man

Professional
  • Posts

    13,929
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Sk8man

  1. Yes I was also astounded by the fuel efficiency. It is actually better on gas than my previous 1979 35 Johnson.
  2. I have the 135 Optimax and I love it.... top end 40 plus and trolls down to 1.8 mph with stainless prop. They are great motors. I would imagine it will sell fast at the beginning of the new season.
  3. Ah. If fleas aren't a concern you could get away with lighter braid for less resistance in the water I use 40 lb on my Finger Lakes rigs and occasionally use them on Lake O but mostly use wire there. No twilli necessary with the braid.
  4. You're right Bill and I was trying to give an option as I use both in both places. Nothing wrong with either of them but I still have some wire on Seth Greens that is 40 years old and it is still fine, but again you have to take care of it to prevent kinks etc. The fading of the braid isn't the real concern but the slickness of the braid diminishing over time amy be more of an issue with the lighter pound test such as 30 or 40 lb in accruing fleas.
  5. Any of the rods mentioned should work OK on the Fingers. You may wish to consider using a 1,000 ft. of 30 lb stranded wire instead of braid and therefore if you do run into fleas it should not be much of a problem. The only modification would be using twilli's on the tips (they are only a few bucks). I've used them on each of the rods you mentioned on the Fingers and they aren't much of a problem to put on. The wire will last a long time if you take care of it. A lot of the braid e.g. Power Pro loses its color (fades) and coating dissipates over time and especially when subjected to prolonged sunlight while you can get years from the wire. The wire will probably be about tjhe same price or cheaper for the same amount (e.g. 1,000 ft.).
  6. Yeah I was one of the ones they yelled at and spit at at the Port Authority in NYC.
  7. Their position on the abortion issue sealed their fate because a lot of women voters out there regardless of party affiliation voted according to their belief that their personal rights were being infringed on. What we need is a strong third party that takes a more moderate stance on the primary issues this two party system no longer works because of the polarization and our comments here reflect that very fact. Yes I am an Independent and I have voted for people in each of the existing parties depending on the candidate and the specific issues. We need to get away from dogmatic thinking along "party lines"'
  8. https://abc7ny.com/gun-laws-restrictions-nyc-carrying-license/12429779/ Sign of things to come?
  9. Yeah I got a couple referring to me as "Virginia" (had to check myself out to make sure)
  10. I haven't laughed this hard all week
  11. Yep the 1 fish limit was a mistake anyway for the lakes west of Cayuga It never should have been imposed on Canandaigua at all for example and it was a pretty conservative move anyway for Seneca. What i wonder is why the DEC seems to think the perch fishery is OK in Seneca and Canandaigua.
  12. Very cool Mike. Congrats
  13. Sk8man

    Van

    X2 Really the way to go especially if you can get others to chip in becomes quite reasonable.
  14. Sk8man

    Van

    Possibly hire a coyote from the cartel. They know seem to how to fit 12 people into a regular car Sorry I couldn't resist.
  15. Nice buck Bill and great description of the hunt.
  16. Keith is living proof that you can still remain a science "geek" and and yet be a very competent hunter and fisherman
  17. Looks like you've been having a lot of fun this season John
  18. Nah I looked it up
  19. Guess I'd just rather say 'better"
  20. Nice rig Pete
  21. I screwed up ....so much for "off the top of my head" Mark is correct and made by Heddon Here are each of them side by side:
  22. Look like Sounders possibly Acme made?
  23. Sweet Clark!
  24. Great pic. Really sorry to hear about your dad passing. A lot of folks on here thought a lot of him and that is a great tribute to him.
  25. Nice going John....beautiful dog
×
×
  • Create New...