Question on running Chinook Divers

I just purchased my first Chinook Diver

#1  weight setting in the center of the 3 available holes

I have a couple questions I’ll show my ignorance 

Is it recommended to run shock cords/snubbers between the rod and diver?

What lures are NBK I’m reading about ?

I enjoy reading the posts Good Fishing

Snubbers are a personal preference, I do not run them and I don't feel like I ever have had an issue with my divers. Also, I am pretty sure the snubber goes on the other side of the diver, not between the rod and diver, but between the diver and the lure. 

NBK is a color patter, stands for Natural Born Killer, pretty sure just about ever spoon manufacturer makes a version. 

Michigan Stinger Spoon NBK UV – Fat Nancy's Tackle Shop

Snubber goes between the diver and the lure should you choose to run one. You could also use soft steel stretchable fluorocarbon or monofilament in your lbs test choice. Either with give you a little stretch should a big fish decide to play.

Here is the answer you are looking for for your size 1 chinook running shallow for spring fishing. 30lb braid on your size 20 reel. Then tie in a 5 to 7 ft piece of 14 to 17lb mono and attach a quality swivel. The swivel will attach to the diver. Off the back end of the diver you will run a 5 to 10 foot leader of 12lb fluorocarbon, swivels on both ends (one connected to the diver and the other connects to the lure). 

Move the weight to the outside holes on both divers. 

If you are running in 10ft, set the rod to 10 on the reel counter. If you are running 15th, set the rod to 15 on the reel counter…….and so on. 

You are not running a snubber with these small diver while fishing skinny water. No need.

Edited by fisherman21
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...
On 4/26/2023 at 5:48 PM, fisherman21 said:

Here is the answer you are looking for for your size 1 chinook running shallow for spring fishing. 30lb braid on your size 20 reel. Then tie in a 5 to 7 ft piece of 14 to 17lb mono and attach a quality swivel. The swivel will attach to the diver. Off the back end of the diver you will run a 5 to 10 foot leader of 12lb fluorocarbon, swivels on both ends (one connected to the diver and the other connects to the lure). 

Move the weight to the outside holes on both divers. 

If you are running in 10ft, set the rod to 10 on the reel counter. If you are running 15th, set the rod to 15 on the reel counter…….and so on. 

You are not running a snubber with these small diver while fishing skinny water. No need.

May I ask why you attach mono before the diver?  I’ve always done braid right to diver