Hi all, Any of you salmon or Trout fishermen been seeing any small mouth action in the lake? I would have posted on the bass page,

But not too many post there, just wondering if you hooked any while trolling, other parts of the lake they are getting good

Numbers, around I never hear any, I have tried the usual spots ,we used kill them years ago, anyway thanks for any replies,good luck

Out there.

I went out a couple weeks ago with a perfect SE drift along the “pipe” at Hedges from 12 feet to 25 FOW. We caught one nice smallie and a rock bass in about 15 feet. I went out with the family a couple weeks late to 30+ feet and jigged for 1/2 hour with nothing on the screen or my hook. Put a diver on and trolled for a bit with nothing doing. Amazing how the bass fishing disappeared along the Webster shore. When I lived on the lake in the 90s and early 2000’s, if you didn’t catch a dozen or more bass in an hour, you thought the fishing was off. Not sure why the bass fishing recovered on Lake Erie and up in the 1000 Islands but not here. Sad. 

About 15 years ago I kept a boat at Meyer’s for the season and would go out to Webster park - Hedges and troll a couple hot n tots 15-30ish ft. I used to always get bass and on occasion, an occasional brown . I also remember the days of drifting between IBay to past hedges with 30-60 fish days with a buddy.

Thanks guys, I remember trolling with the hot n tots nice bass an occasional trout, we used to have 100 fish days with white twister tails at hedges, appreciate the replies, exactly what I am thinking, not like the good ole days,Russell's station used to be great back in the day... The bass went away as soon as the gobies came, but why just here, ok y'all answered my question ..thanks again for the replies...

The bass are there , not as many but bigger.  Much bigger . 

We use to go to Sodus and Fair Haven and drift 10 to 25 ft with 1/8 hand tied brown bucktails and do well . I go to the same spots now and don't get a hit where we use to catch 100 bass in an afternoon . 

I fish the outlets of the bays and tribs now with good luck but once the water gets warm , they roam the lake. And they are deeper .  

I fish out of bear creek and check the pipe line most every time I come in . Did see small mouth on the pipe one time out of about 10 times in July. Same with the perch there one day and have not found again. Yesterday lots of bait in 15 fow so maybe they will show again 

Was wondering about this myself.  We used to crush them on minnows back in the day in front of hedges.  As soon as the minnow was under the boat far enough to not see it anymore you had a fish on all day long.  We would have a contest to see how many fish you could catch on one minnow. Definitely not like the ones I'm seeing folks catch today.  Most were 1.5 to 2#s.  Still a riot on ultralights.