copper or wire lines

I just use 40 lb braid straight to the copper. If y0u worry about the board coming loose on the braid just wrap it around the release a couple wraps. The mono is unnecessary. I forgot to mention.....I use a 20 lb fluoro leader about 20 ft long on Lake O and a 12lb on the Fingers.

Edited by Sk8man
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, spoonfed-1 said:

65 lb braid backer to copper, 25 ft leader of fluorocarbon from copper to lure. 20 lb for spoons or plugs 30 to 40 lb leader for flasher flys.

Winner, winner, chicken dinner! THIS, although I'd say 30 lb for flasher ... 40 lb gets thick, and hard to tie a good knot.

Edited by TyeeTanic
  • Like 1

I like a section of mono between the copper and the braid to hook to the Scotty releases, as it seems to prevent them coming undone as easily with 400 and 500 foot setups, but it's not strictly necessary, as apparent from above comments. And it does introduce an extra knot, if you have any concerns about your connections.

5 hours ago, TyeeTanic said:

Winner, winner, chicken dinner! THIS, although I'd say 30 lb for flasher ... 40 lb gets thick, and hard to tie a good knot.

Use Ande 40 lb. No problem with the knots over 30 lb and less flea problems on the leader