Genny Wednesday am …,

Got out of the Genny early headed north east.
set up in 150 trolled out to 550. Went 1 for 3. 
slow going. The break was about 90-100 ft down. Ran meat and spoons. I was curious to see how other ppl did. I saw a bunch of boats out. We marked some fish and bait but nothing crazy. 
An odd thing happened, the king we landed was hooked deep in the mouth. Partially in the tongue. My brother noticed the blood was pouring out before we landed it.  Decent fish too. It started really strong and fizzled at the end. I actually grabbed it with my hand to get it in the boat. We got it going and it did swim away but I have no idea how after how much blood leaked out. Those kings are strong. C40FD832-7A2B-46A5-8DAC-E6077FB43682.thumb.jpeg.f885dd22af728b636e16eea4abf66dfd.jpeg

• Like 1

Hey Buster.  I was out of I-Bay this morning, trolled from 180-530 fow about 30 deg NE of the bay outlet.  I marked 2 fish in 266' and maybe another 4 from 380 to 500'.  I ran FF, a meat rig, and spoons.  Never had a hit.  Had 2 releases on the meat rig but suspect they were just the current.  I agree with the temp breaks you saw.  Disappointing morning.  I saw a couple boats out way deeper, I'm sure 600' plus.  Would be interested to hear how things were out there.

Edited by BreakingBass
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, BreakingBass said:

Hey Buster.  I was out of I-Bay this morning, trolled from 180-530 fow about 30 deg NE of the bay outlet.  I marked 2 fish in 266' and maybe another 4 from 380 to 500'.  I ran FF, a meat rig, and spoons.  Never had a hit.  Had 2 releases on the meat rig but suspect they were just the current.  I agree with the temp breaks you saw.  Disappointing morning.  I saw a couple boats out way deeper, I'm sure 600' plus.  Would be interested to hear how things were out there.

Guys are WAY out there around the 30 line and doing well.

Fished Braddocks for a couple of hours. Wandered from 200 into 70. Ran spoons on riggers and meat on a dipsy. Switched to plugs when I got in close. Only a brown. Out deep cold water was up high. Really warm in shallow. 

We set up around 150' just east of I-Bay and found temp about 100 down. Fished most of the day between 160 and 200 feet of water. Went 11 for 12. The biggest was about 19lb. A mix of Salmon, 2 lakers, and a brown. Downriggers, sliders and divers all took fish The best lure was the Raspberry Carbon 14.