Need a Boat Transporter/Shipper

Speedy

I'm pulling the trigger and selling my Tucson,AZ house and moving into my Newport,VT house (forever). I need to get my 16 ft. Aluma Craft outboard with 10hp gas and 24 volt electric motors moved from Tucson,AZ 85710 to Newport,VT 05855. House furniture movers can't help. 

Plan A: Have the Shipper with a flat bed open trailer move my entire rig together. 2006 Chevy Silverado 2500HD,Crew Cab with 8ft bed (22 ft total bumper to ball hitch) and the boat on trailer measures 19 ft ).   Drive it on like farm equipment and hitch it both down.

Any of you guys know of a cross-country mover that isn't afraid of boats? 

Plan B: is for me to tow it 5 days alone and then fly back to AZ to help with house move.

Never know unless you ask. LOL

Thanks guys,

Speedy

5 hours ago, Trouthunter said:

Speedy I would drive your rig from Tuscon to Newport for you if your interested

First. THANKS! That is a very kind offer. Being an old fisherman...LOL  I have to be mindful of putting too much line on my spool, causing a possible backlash.

Logistics: You live in New York state, and would have to fly out to Tucson,AZ, I could pick you up at airport and put you up for the night. Next day you start the trip 2,680 miles (the way a bird flies) I'd guess 3,000. Arrive at my VT house in Newport and drop off the rig. Then you have to get back to Hammondsport, NY. *Note: the is no airport in or near Newport, Vt. Burlington is the only one and is about 2 hours away from Newport. Then fly back to? A lot of steps. Am I missing something? Not impossible, but not a one-step effort. What do you think?

Speedy

private email: [email protected]

You should see the one that got away!.jpg

I have moved, and had moved, several boats around the East Coast.  My guess is around $2500 to $3000 for a professional boat hauler.  Most of those folks have their own adjustable trailer, and you might find a hauler who is dead heading back from the West Coast (unlikely) so in your case all you need is a one way 3000 mile ride in a vehicle with a trailer hitch.  I would sell the boat in AZ.

On 11/6/2023 at 6:13 AM, Shakemsam said:

If it were me, and of course it is not... unless there is some sort of sentimental attachment to the rig, I would sell it in Az.

That would be like selling your fishing rod one day because you didn't catch any. I'll drive it myself !

"Speedy"

9 minutes ago, Speedy said:

That would be like selling your fishing rod one day because you didn't catch any. I'll drive it myself !

"Speedy"

Sounds like a good plan. be sure to make your truck ready for snowy and slippery roads. Vermont weather is tricky in winter specially when towing a load.