Glue/stick on transducer mounting plate

So I have to mount my transducer on the project boat which is an aluminum 22ft Sylvan converted offshore model.  Would be nice not to have to drill holes in the transom.  Anyone have any experience with the different types of stick and peel or epoxy glue on style transducer mounting plates?  I'm looking to mount an Airmar P66 to the boat and one of these mounting plates depending on the responses I get.  Thanks everyone.     

I would mechanically fasten and then seal with lifecaulk, or 4200  - have done it a million times and you won't have any issues with water intrusion and its solid.  Both LIfecaulk and 4200 are rated for below waterline applications.  Do not use cheap silicone or caulk from Lowes...

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

The mounting plate is definitely the way to go two holes and sealed with the above mentioned calk and never look back. Twenty two years on mine and still great. An upside to it is also the option to either move the transducer for better positioning, or to add other transducers etc. in the future.

Edited by Sk8man

OP,

Take a look at a product called Stern Pad, it is made by Seaworthy Innovations (made in the USA).  It is exactly what you are wanting.  

No holes in your boat

Pad has a 3M VHB Adhesive.  It won't come off