Global warming

For anyone whom does not believe in global warming, check out the temp transects for Lake Ontario. It is not even July yet, and the coldest water is a balmy 44 degrees. Looks like I am going to have to buy another one of those $100 20 lb sharks ;( .

gill-t, if you don't want to buy another 20 lb. shark. go to senaca lake..look for 365 fow.. dregde the bottom. i got so mad at the ones (2) that i bought i threw them overboard. never had a mess like that before and i pray i won't ever have another!!!!

geez sir, your frustration :@ could have been helped by maybe by the 120 bucks :o you could have gotten from some fellars 8) here on the lou classifieds :beer:

PS I have heard that some of the models have had some issues with tracking, mine has Made In USA stamp on tail, no issues, 15 lb shark however.

For anyone whom does not believe in global warming

First this question: Why would I need to believe in global warming -- if it is true science then global warming can be proven and would not require faith--"believe" It really bothers me when someone challenges a "belief" in scientific phenomenon.

Second: I can remember days in mid June when we would be fishing the bottom of the Pt. Breeze ledge to find 55 degrees. This year in mid June we were catching Brown trout in 53 degree water 5' down over 10'

Third: The transects hardly cut the mustard for scientific sampling, rarely do they accurately correspond with actual readings on the lake. I find them to be +/- 5 degrees at best when compared to my actual observations on the lake.

Fourth: The warmer the lake the better the fishing. The warmer and wider the epilimnion the more defined the metalimnion will be reducing the attractiveness of the hypolimnion to our targeted species.

Good fishin'

CC

stop flatulence...From the Latin flastus, meaning blowing, as a breeze...a known (only to Al Gore), [wonder how he knows] greenhouse gas that insulates the earth from it's natural convection of heat to the atmosphere... I been in green crap houses, I usually tear the paint off and let the odor out.

:lol: Mark

I am sure 38 degree water exists in the Lake. It buoys around like a blob in a Lava Lamp. I know the transects cannot possible predict the temperature of all the little pockets across the lake, but GENERALLY I find them accurate on a grand scale. With that being said, I have never noticed the blue lower layers absent from the temp transects. Usually there is some ice water showing up somewhere in the lake even into August.