Red Cross derby

How did everyone make out? I had a rough first day, motor wouldn't start. I had a lot of water in the gas, brought it home got it taken care of and by that time the weather had turned. We got out today@ 2:30 a.m. and started a night troll north. Day broke before we hit AES, around 8:00a.m caught a nice rainbow that placed second (6.18 lbs). Made my day, we caught a couple lakers and a LL but nothing with size.

heres the rainbow.

65347887.jpg

lil' troller, did not know that was u at the awards, or I would of said hey. Nice fish, and a very nice check! I couldn't get out on Sat. but hit Seneca this morning around 6:30, by myself, and trolled the Bellhurst area, just keep doing cirlces with fish on just about every pass. caught 3 browns, 1 rainbow, which I can't believe got 6th place, and 3 lakers. off the lake by 11:00 for cousins graduation party. fish were mainly, 45-60 over 100-120fow. nbk, took most of the fish, with sd/peanut taking 2. today made it 4 for 4 in the derbies with 1 more to go.

27005055.jpg

We had a slow weekend. Fished Seneca out of severne saturday, tried jigging sawbellies and trolling with one laker on yellow and orange alpena diamond. Tried flasher/flie combos with nothing. Came off the lake around 2:30 when the storm blew through.Sunday we went to cayuga out of taughannock went south saw lots of marks but couldnt get any thing to go. Went north same thing. Pulled everything up and went to the east side hoping there wasnt as many weeds. Trolled up past Miliken, turned aroundback to meyers. Tried pulling copper and had one on ,lost it half way to the boat. Not sure what else we could have tried we adjuste ort speed a couple times thinking maybe that was the problem, maybe next time. Good to see not everyone had a bad weekend. Congrats to all the winners. :yes:

Hit Cayuga out of Sheldrake Sunday, out on the water by 6. We started north on the west side then turned south and trolled just north of taughannock. Good consistent marks at 80' all day but no bite after mid-morning. First laker in the boat was just slightly larger than the spin doctor he was chasing. came on the wire dipsey rod. Next laker was in the 5 lb. range and came off the rigger at 70' in 120 fow on an old O&M lure that has been a good consistent spoon for us this yr. The next laker came a bit later off the other rigger on an "I don't know" stinger spoon and was about 6 lbs. Only action after that was fleas, weeds, more fleas, me donating a Slide Diver complete with a green dot SD/white fly to the fish God's :@ then more fleas. It's becoming a tradition for me to donate big $$$$ tackle during the Red Cross while on Cayuga, this being the 2nd yr. in a row. Congrats to all winners!!!!! :beer::yes:

hey cdgn troller congrats on your rainbow. I can't believe there weren't more rainbows caught. I'm not complaining though. I have to tip my hat to you laker guys. I have considered myself decent at catching lakers, but i hear radio chatter of boating 20 or more fish in a day. Thats unreal. I usually fish alone, but if I catch 5-6 lakers in a 12 hour troll i consider that a good day. I have a lot to learn. Congrats to everyone that fished the tourny. The weeds and fleas sucked, but a day on the lake is never bad. Hopefully I can show the same amount of luck :o oops! I mean skill :rofl: next weekend. I look forward to meeting you guys, and don't run over the little blue and white boat out there :D .

cdgn troller, I was the guy you asked about the rainbow sorry I didn't realize who you were.

lil" troller I saw you at the launch this past weekend, didn't know it was you.

Will see you this weekend, at the weigh-in or before. If you saw the Foolish Pleasure boat, that was me. Splitshot115