Another good weekend out of Sodus. Took a while to realize what was going on with temps on Friday.

Friday morning:

The cold water was in shallow, in 100fow we had 55 degrees down 40ft and 42 degrees down 100ft. In 200fow 45 degrees was down around 100ft. We had a lot of bait in shallow 50fow - 80fow, but couldn't get anything to go, so we moved out. The fish we were marking were down around 60ft and the first one hit the 60ft rigger's free slider. Didn't pop the rigger, just started screaming... straight to the surface, jumped about 3' out of the water and spit the hook... real nice king. Another hit on the same free slider, just couldn't catch up to him before he spit the hook. The last fish hit the 200' dipsey on a 2 setting over 200fow and was a 19lb king.

Saturday morning:

Temps were even higher. We started off real slow while others around us were catching fish... not sure what was going on. We finally started getting into the fish after 9am in 250-280fow. We marked fish down 60-80' but all our hits were up really high. Dipseys only took a couple out 120-150 with one being an 8# brown, the other a 15# king. After that our other 4 hits came on a free sliding NBK off the 90' rigger. We only managed to keep one of those fish on to the boat though, 15#. We tried moving our riggers up high and our dipseys high and our leadcore high, but the only thing they wanted was that free sliding nbk. Once things slowed down, I pulled the 90' rigger to check for fleas (which were bad again this weekend) and found that something had hit the nbk and "sucked" the sticker right off of it. We put something down that looked like it, but apparently the fish could tell the difference and weren't interested!

Sunday morning we got lazy and slept in :)

A few pics of our friends with the fish they caught...

20lb.jpg

20lb_da.jpg

15lbs.jpg

Nick

Good report - glad to hear you at least got into some fish. We won't be back up until the 7th and hope that we can erase the scar of the skunk from the last time up to sodus. That NBK is a must-have, and the fish can tell the difference!

Up until last weekend, I had never been able to get that stupid NBK to go. I guess the fish finally changed their tastes! I didn't talk to anyone else that went out Sunday, so not sure how others did. Seems like a lot of people slept in 8) If nothing else, the lake looked like it was as flat as glass!

Nick

Hey Nick - We were doing them early on NK black raspberry and black green glow taped mag spoons with the white back. Then it quickly turned to a flasher/fly bite around 9am. Our riggers were set between 45 and 65 ft down. Didn't make it out on Sunday - looks like that may have been a good thing! ;) Are you going to be out any time this week? If so, I'll give you a shout if I'm out...

If any of you guys have some Sodus info from today or tuesday I could use it. I am going up Wednesday morning the 29th, its are first time back on Ontario since the Scotty in Wilson. I have been busy on the Finger Lakes. I see we have some South West wind today at my place just wondering what the water temps should be like on Wednesday. Thanks Sean

Sean the other day we were out of Hughes and went 8 for 10 the good temp was 50-60 down and 100 to 140 fow was our best depth with anything green and a nk raspberry mixed in also. Our wires and core did most of the damage wires 150 and 180 and full core in the water with a stinger nbk.......... Dale

holymackrel, were you in the same area off Sodus? We had our worst outing of the year...first 0 did not see much else going on around us

We were a couple miles west. The fish were high because of the cold water. didn't mark alot. Fished 120 to 240 divers at 180, #3 and 220#3

2 riggers at 50'and 65'. all flys went 6 for 13 by noon. 2 guys.