09/13 Big Owasco Bows

Hookedup

Had my six year old, my dad, and two friends out on Owasco today. Had some wacky weather with the North and North East wind but we did get some great fish. Put some Lakers in the boat frm 17" to 31", the 31 inch laker only went 8 lbs. Things got slow for an hour or two mid morning but then the port side planer board took off with a big fish. My daughter starts to yell for the net before she even took her first crank on the reel :D , with a little help from dad we get the big rainbow in the boat. We get some pics set the riggs back out and hit the same spot. Just as we cross the waypoint off goes the board on the other side off the boat and she is yelling for the net again. After long battle we put the net under a bigger Bow. We marked fish all over the lake from 20' down to 100' but most of the bait was fom 20' to 40' and most of the fish we marked at 80' out over 140+. Some pics of the first fish of the day and the Bows.

IMG_4494.jpg

IMG_4496.jpg

IMG_4500.jpg

IMG_4503.jpg

Way to go girl you tell dad what needs to be done while you reel in the fish, Good thing you brought him along it would of been tuff for you to net such a big fish alone.. :lol: ,,next time sit back and let him reel in one so he dont feel so bad..You are a good part to a good fishing team ,I think you should fish the Pro/Ams next year with him he always needs some one like you to help.. Ray K.

Wow, :) Very nice fish. You always seem to do very well on Owasco with the Bows! I fish Owasco all the time and only catch Lakers. Got one 30" bow last year, but that's it. I live a mile from Owasco. Was out there today at 11:30 am to about 3 pm and you are right; the weather sucked. :(

Great time with your daughter :D

Jim