Our biggest Striper to date.

Fishtails

Hopefully to be outdone on our next trip :D This was the first striper trip of the season and it was short lived thanks to mother nature. Hope to get out at least one more time! Caught in the ocean off Sandy Hook NJ.

40" & 26+ lbs.... caught trolling a 9"er umbrella rig 180 out on the wire rod.

S63u9.jpg

Don't you know it Rick....maybe you should ask Final Flight about that :lol: .I almost chit when he got the umbrella rig hung up in the net and couldn't get the fish. Rollie ended up gilling it though and did a heck of a good job getting it in the boat. Netting a fish that size on an umbrella rig would be tough!! I think if we ever get another one that big we're gonna leave the net in the holder and grab it by the gill plate and hope for the best....lol

I hear their hitting CLAMS real hardly. Shudda brought the worms. Wish i could come down to play (and return the pink towel).. Rod im thinking of doing a cape cod trip next june they say 40 in is the norm. Nuttin in stone yet but after what i lernt last aug.from a commercial fisherman it sounds like another "bucket list trip" ..and if the ocean ant to bumpy a 10 mile run will put you in tuna water...or a troll past the clothing optianal beach might end a nice trip...(NOT THE ONE IN "P" TOWN)

Maybe Jeff...I think you should bring it along next week :rofl:

Ray....we had worms and eels, ended up throwing them out. We never bothered with them. We seem to catch bigger fish trolling. I am trying to get out a couple more times if the darn weather gives us a break.

Hope to do a couple day trip next week??? Clams are good now but you'll feed the lil fish too ;)

Matt,

I only get out a couple times in the early fall (If I'm lucky) before I put the boat to sleep. Stripers are not nearly as big in Jersey in the fall as they are in the spring....so I don't really get a shot at the real big 30 - 40 lb pigs. Like you, I'm thinking Salmon in the spring time and given the choice that's what I'd fish for. I'm hoping for a 30 lb'er one of these days but that is not an easy fish to come by in Oct. Low 20's is a good fish right now yet.

I'm heading out on Friday with deiselhp and maybe a couple days next week and then that's about it....so maybe ;)