Tompkins 10 point

there be some smashers in them hills i spend a little time near 228 and havens rd , where abouts in odessa ,just curious if that could of been one of the smashers we saw pre season ? So ya just couldnt let it walk 1 more year ?? thats gonna cost ya some wallspace ,ok now the complete story when ya get some quite puter time.

First of all, I didn't take the deer. I took a much smaller, but respectable eight point. (see below)

A good neighbor and family friend (one of a very few allowed to hunt our property) took the 10 pt. buck.

When this buck was young he spent a lot of time in my parents backyard in Enfield grazing on the lawn or munching apples. As he got older, he wasn't on the lawn during daylight much except during the late Winter, he was only there during darkness. During the Winter he (and others) did severe damage to our landscaping all around the house. I would see him ocasionally in my headlights entering or leaving our driveway.

I grew up on this property and have hunted it for more than 40 years. I get my buck every year, but I have never taken anything like this. The property and all of the surrounding properties are posted and we just don't have the hunting pressure that we did 20 years ago.

Ray, as far as I know, the bucks you mentioned are still running.

This is my deer.

1qVXS.jpg