Camo vs. Bright Wire?

chowder

Any thoughts on this? Need to respool a dipsy rig.I tried some camo last year & not sure I saw much difference but I wanted to see what anybody w/ more experience w/ the camo has to say? Also curious about opinions on 20lb vs 30lb? Thanks

I don't think it makes a lick of difference. I used camo in the past , switched to the bright malin 30 lb wire a number of years ago and caught even more, and I like the malin wire more by a wide margin.

Use whatever wire line you want, wire divers just flat out catch fish.

Tim

We run 30# AFW Camo wire. It has a smaller diameter than the 30# bright wire (.012 vs. .015). As a point of reference the AFW 20# wire (both bright and camo) has a .011 diameter. It might not sound like much, but that .003" less diameter will allow you to get your divers deeper.

I thought I could feel a distinct difference in the AFW camo diameter vs. the bright. Thanks for spelling that out Bill! I feel like the AFW resists kinking better than the Malin so I'll probably go w/ the AFW 30# Camo. Now all I need is for Tom to run a winter re spooling special ! :D

One thing to remember with the AFW over the other brands (Malin and Mason) it LOVES to coil after a little bit of use. DON'T ever let it go or get limp as you will loose tackle from it kinking. I am very anal about this on my boat. Something I keep constant watch on.

Billy hit the nail right on the head. Its great stuff with a thin diameter. Definitely go with the camo. It can't hurt!