dipsy diver or deep diver

Another question that maybe personal choice but here goes. Which do you prefer dipsy divers or Walker deeper diver and which colors are prefered. Just went to Fish307 in Lake George and the guy said they had a hard time getting dipsy divers but worked with Walkers last year with good success. Also I always used a darker color Matalic purple or Kelly greeen he was using wonderbread any comments on this?

PJ Weber (new boat name Salmon Reaper)

I'm sure you will get different opinions on this but I have used both and don't see any difference other than the price. The walker deeper divers are cheaper and they are my personal choice due to that, you can get them in many different colors. A few years ago a lot of boats in the Oswego area were using mostly black, but I think a lot depends on water conditions. I am in no way an expert on this just my opinion.

Either one will work for you. With LJ Dipseys there is really just that one size everyone uses. Walker has more of a selection that will dive to different depths. AS for colors.......confidence is the biggest thing going for you. Everyone has their colors that work for them. On our boat we have a good amount of the metallic purple. Our other go to colors are glow froggy, black, and clear. We had some issues with the clear ones breaking apart. I tried contacting LJ with no success. I would imagine a CSR would be easier to raise over at Walker.

YT,

I had the same problem with my clear Dipsy's but thought maybe I had a bad batch. The center screw was stripped immediately out of the package and I tried oversized screws and rubber washers but then the plastic cracked. I now use black and occasionally my older chartreuse colors but have not had any problems with the center screw.

- Chris

• 2 weeks later...

both have their place but the names decribe each ones underwater actions , the dypsy will sorta dip and dive (move around) slightly giving your lure or fly some extra action,and seperate your spread up to about 50 ft on each side of the boat (cover more water)....Downfall some added drag to the fight,special "RIG" (pole setup) with wire or powerpro should be used for best results ............... the jets can be used off boards with your existing rig (pole)....as far as "MY" results with both for wally,salmon,lakers,steelies. the dypsys will always be deployed behind my rig.