Good weekend for me, but not for my gear

All I can say is "Holy Smokes".....Bruiser Cohos charging the boat, Big ole Buckeyes making towering leaps and the screaming drags of those kings.....My gear is in shambles after this weekend. Where do I start.......cracked off on two separate riggers with cheaters, flies bit off (I use 50# fly leader by the way). Copper reels welds ( where the reel is welded to the reel seat) broken. Big steelie taking my wire into my copper rig turning it from a 300 to a 150.....And finally a crack off of an entire 300 copper, spin dr fly and leader.

I just have to remind myself that $hit happens out there. There is a bright side...I get to make another trip to the Oak and "replace" lost gear. Of course a guy can never have too many spoons, Flies and Spin Dr.'s.... Tight lines

I feel your pain Matt. Our big king Saturday got into my 500 copper and kinked it in 21 places spaced out about 10' apart :@ . Broke off a big laker because of a knick in the leader :@ . It's all part of the fun.

Matt;

That's exactly why I gave up fishing!

I also lost some tackle over the weekend. My brand new just got A-Tom-Mik fly's x 2!!

1 white Pro Chip flasher and Rosey Cheeks sushi fly combo!

I dropped my pliers in the water!! Chit!

Mark

matt its all part of the learning curve, just yesterday i lost a bobber and hook and my barbie pole.....I hope their in the shed.

after my last 2 derbys ive done more damage to rods rideing back and forth to the lake in the boat than fish damage..

I forgot to meet the deadline for osweago so maybe i have a chance of getting some fish.big enuf to actually trip a release.

Ray check with Musky on the Barbie pole, I think he took it with him after the last Pro Am (he said that's what you guys were using for rods since they were strong enough to handle the fish you were catching :o:lol: ). He told me he could pair it up with his "Ken Pole" and run them down off the riggers on the same side to attract fish to that side of the boat :D

I lost one spoon this past weekend (my last Get Ur Done :@ which has been replaced after hitting CC yesterday :yes: ) but could have done even more damage. I had the riggers cross and had to do some serious maneuvering in the back of the boat to get back my probe, 15 and 12 lb weights with only the help of a newbie :o . Lucky for me I only have to cut back a few feet of coated cable that got frayed in the mess and I will be good to go!