Slide Diver

Vague question.

What depth do you think you guys are getting with slide divers on wire and how much line are you letting out. Sunday was the first time that we got skunked on wire. Maybe it was a iffy day or is it possible that the slide divers don't get as deep as normal dipseys.

Ken

Vague question.

What depth do you think you guys are getting with slide divers on wire and how much line are you letting out. Sunday was the first time that we got skunked on wire. Maybe it was a iffy day or is it possible that the slide divers don't get as deep as normal dipseys.

Ken

Vague response; I sent you a pm w/ my 'secret' directions for modifying the SD to achieve Mag dipsy performance levels ;)

Chowder...if i say PLEASE, could you tell me your secret directions for modifying the slide diver for deeper depths ....it would be greatly appreciated....steve

It's not a secret (I was sticking it to Frisco on an old joke) :lol: I just drill out the bottom of a reg mag dipsy so I can make it fit onto a large SD. then I use SD's biggest ring. When I tried to get the SD w/ their 'bigger weight' to match a reg Mag dipsy's dive curve it just seemed to come up short, so I tried this and I'm happier w/ it. -Andy

Yo, DButts http://slidediver.com/cart/home.php

Keep in mind if you have questions on toys or gimmicks Chowder is the man to get it from. He spends 1/2 his time jury rigging whatever it takes to catch fish or more accurately catch other fisherman. Rumor has it that he has a farm, I don't see how that's possible!

If you compare the bottoms of the Slider vs Dipsy and Walker, the Slide divers number settings are .5 higher for the same positions of the bottom plate. I've been using the Precision trolling charts but setting the slide diver on say 2.5 to use the chart for a 2 setting, 3.5 to use the 3 line of the chart and so on.

Comparing diver bottoms:

Slide diver bottoms are numbered: 0 1 1.5 2 2.5......

Dipsy and Walker bottoms are: 0 .5 1 1.5 2.... for the same position of the bottom and weight.

I believe they dive/bump bottom the same as the equivalent size diver if you look at them this way.

I bought a few and have used them. I like the concept but I don't believe I'm getting the same depth on wire as the Luhr Jenson. I'm checking to see if there are rings like Luhr Jenson. On Cayuga I like to get into the 60' range.