Sodus 8/20-8/21 - The kins are in!

The kings have shown up in Sodus in numbers!

8/20 - Friday evening:

We left the dock at 6pm and fished for a few hours. We hit two lakers down 100' over 200fow. We moved into 150 and the 500' copper started screaming... 14lb conook (coho / chinook)... at least that was my guess... white upper jaw, black lower... few spots on the top of the tail, few spots on the bottom of the tail... male and female organs! We also did a couple of small kings down 80' and missed a few good rips on the 350' wire.

8/21 - Saturday morning:

Getting pretty tired of that hard south/east wind! We only had one major bite on the 325' wire, but had a couple of first timers on board this weekend that didn't quite have the hang of things yet. We took two browns on 200' 3 setting dipseys with purple spoons. I apparently forgot what a 10+lb brown looks like, because I threw it in the cooler at 6am and when I weighed it at 3pm it weighed 10lbs 14oz... oops should have had water on it! We were in first place for all of 30 mins... now in 4th.

8/21 - Saturday night:

Hit fish all night long. All majors. We just couldn't keep them on. We landed 2 of our 9 fish ... almost all came 250' 2 setting wire with a glow frog spinny and green seaweek fly. 22lbs and 17lbs and lost some much larger.

Sunday .. rainy as heck with an east wind... i'm becoming a fair weather fisherman! Friday starts our 10 day LOC marathon... see you guys out there!

Nick

Yeah it was even worse that the three boats we were fishing with were having very few problems keeping them buttoned! But we had a couple of inexperienced people on the rods which didn't help! I'm chomping at the bit though to get back up there! I saw on the LOC board today that the lakers only need to be 10lbs? I thought it was 15lbs or I would have weighed the one we caught in :(

Nick

Hi ya Nick.

Thanks for the report. I hope ta get out there wednesday. I know if I buy a bigger boat the waves will just get bigger!! (Lady O hates me)

Just wondering about that lake trout being 15lbs. In the rules, rule 16 says lakers have to be 30 inches to be wieghted in. Did that change?

Mark

S.S Buckshot