You GOTTA see these pics!!

These are just some pics of my brother with some large fish caught right out of our home lake...

This pike was caught in mid Feb (07) and tipped the scale at 20.5 pounds!! It was 41 inches long, we caught it on a perch colored rapala in 20 FOW. People tell me its on of the biggest pike caught out of Seneca lake, but i dont really no...

QjeeJ.jpg

This is a fresh water drum, my brother caught it back in 2004 on a brown jig (we were fishing for perch!) it weighed 14 point something pounds!!! It looks prehistoric... the picture quality is not the best, i had to scan it onto my computer but it is still an amazing fish!

QjKFA.jpg

them big ole sheepheads put up an amazing fight. i got a 20 pound and change sheephead in oneida lake a couple years back on a trolling spoon off a downrigger. it was like dragging a trashcan lid through the water.

They might not be the prettiest fish but you're right about the fight, they are scrappers!

BTW- I recall reading an article years ago (by a Canadian fisheries biologist I think) which was about some otoliths (ear bones) found in Lake Erie which showed that 800 pound sheepsheads once swam there. That was not a typo, eight hundred pounds. Yikes!!!

• 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Agreed large pike and trout share very little water only certain times of the year. The best way to save the trout is through selective harvest. I like to get my picture with them but let the big guys go. After all they are the breeders, and very important to the ecosystem.