Billy V

Richard

Hello Bill,

Earlier this year you had a post concerning the Cannon power cables, stating that cannon was going to replace the cables. I believe you gave a gentlemans name and number to call for these cables. If you still have the information, I am in need of it now. I just went to pull the riggers off the boat for the winter and see the cables are all cracked up. I did a quick search but came up with nothing. Maybe on GLA? or I just need to change my search a little. May try again this weekend to find the information.

Thanks for any help.

Richard

• 2 weeks later...

Billy,

very sorry for the delayed responce, Work has been very busy and this is the first time I have had the computer on sence the posting. Thank you very much. I will call within the next couple of days.

Richard

Jetsled

I emailed fish 307 and they told me $100 a rigger plus shipping. What gives? I have (4) mag 15's and the power cables were so bad I am surprised I didn't have a fire onboard.

I ordered new cable assy's at $50.00 each.

I can't believe there was not a recall on this cable problem. It is just a matter of time before the lawsuits start, this is a dangerous problem.

I called cannon # to see about replacement cables and the woman told me that they are only covered under warranty for one year. I tried to explain how bad the cables were. She then offered me the "new and improved cables" for $54 each and said i shouldnt have the same problem with these ones.

Guys,

I made a call to Cannon about this today and I was told that Cannon will repair all of your UV damaged power cords at no cost to you. If you've called Cannon customer service about this issue and heard something other than that, please PM me here and I will get you the name and direct phone number of the person who will take care of this for you. Cannon was purchased by Johnson Outdoors 5 or 6 years ago and the new management team is committed to rectifying any problems that were associated with the previous downrigger designs, and they will do so at no charge to you. Hope this helps.

• 2 weeks later...

After talking with Billy V, I contacted cannon again about replacing my powercords. Within 2 days of contacting them, a customer service rep called, took all of my information, and shipped new cords out that same day. Cannon customer service :yes::yes:

Guys,

I made a call to Cannon about this today and I was told that Cannon will repair all of your UV damaged power cords at no cost to you. If you've called Cannon customer service about this issue and heard something other than that, please PM me here and I will get you the name and direct phone number of the person who will take care of this for you. Cannon was purchased by Johnson Outdoors 5 or 6 years ago and the new management team is committed to rectifying any problems that were associated with the previous downrigger designs, and they will do so at no charge to you. Hope this helps.

thank you for this information

• 1 month later...

I picked up two new Cannon Mag high speed TS in 2010. On both of them the male plug stayed in the female plug when I un pluged them. I had to cut the cords and hot wire them to finish out the season. I am shure this is a problem the rest of you will have with the new cords. Its not from water in the plug, my boat has inside storage and never spends a night outside. Does Screwy Louie's do warranty work? Sean

Sean,

Yes, Screwy Louie's does warranty work. Just a heads up - the plugs need to be pulled straight apart - rocking them back and forth or pulling them apart off-kilter as you try to separate them will eventually cause the male ends to fail. I learned the hard way too, but now that we know to pull them straight apart we haven't had an issue with any of our rigger plugs.

Greg,

Check your PM's - I have the contact name and number for the person at Cannon to talk to about this.

I did a little bit of research with regards to the male plug ends Sean mentioned. Cannon has redesigned them. The previous male plug ends were hollow and had a tendency to fail when the plugs weren't taken apart straight as I mentioned above. The new male plug ends are solid and have proven to be much more durable.