Braddock's Bay

ladyhunter

Being only my second year bow hunting, I am looking at going to Braddock's Bay area. There is such limited info on what is allowed and not allowed. Is the use of tree stands acceptable? And can they be left over night or need to be removed immediately? Anyone had any good luck there? THanks

Anita :)

State land rules apply u can leave a stand just no pegs or anything that will cause damage to the tree. If u decide to leave one over night check it good before u get back in it been a few issues with people cutting straps ect.. behind my house. As far as any luck if u stay away from the areas that see a lot of pressure than u can have some luck. I always get a deer or two. There's a few big boys around this year to if u don't mind a long walk in and out

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] mobile.png

Thanks everyone,

Went in to check it out and talk about "long walk"?! Minimal signs of deer there and after a 45 minute walk in, it didn't seem worth it. There was alot of signs of hunters though and some of this was sad. There are always a few that have to ruin it for others! Good luck everyone with the start of gun!

I talked to the forest ranger in Bath about tree stands on State Forest land that borders one of the places I hunt. He said, new law within the last year that states you can put up a portable or ladder stand, but it needs to be taken out within a couple weeks of the end of deer season. Also, no screw-in steps or anything that damages a tree and you must put a tag on it with your name, address and phone number. I could be forgeting something, but call the ranger first. I first called the d.e.c. in Avon and he said no. I didn't get the impression he really new the regs so thats when I called the Ranger.

He also said, you cannot put anything in a Wildlife Management Unit. Different regs for different areas. Call first.

i small game hunt and WF at beatty point. there's a few deer but, it's the worst place i could think of to try and take a deer. my understanding is that no personel property may left in wma to include stands. all the bradock bay areas get slammed hard by muti use people. leaving a stand is a bad idea IMO . dec will usually let it slide but.... theives will find it and take it.