Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
BLOCKHEAD

spooky Lake O

just finished taking 5 limits and the lake flipped. lake went from blubird/crap in about 10- 15minutes. friend complained he was shocked touching a rock. i got a good 110v shock picking up ducks from the ice. we heard thunder ,but did not see lightning.

IMG-20110108-00062.jpg

lakeo.jpg

Nice job. I have yet to kill an oldsquaw. They just arent around where I hunt. Shock from waves making static? Pretty wild. Never heard of it. That could pretty exciting. :yes::yes:

i think the charge came from the lightning. to be honest,we hauled arse outta there. the old squaw are fun to shoot. ever since my canoe got flipped, and lost my gun , i keep a close eye on the horizon. the old squaw have the most dense feathers i've seen. they are not big birds,but they can take a beating. guess they can dive 200 feet to feed on muscles. chasing cripples is not easy. you owe yourself a hunt. they are suicidal with a string of divers.

We were out there at the same time but headed in as we saw the dark clouds moving in from the north. Very spooky. It shows how quickly things can change on the big pond and the need to be watchful. Anyway it was good shooting and a neat experience. A good way to wrap up the year.

just finished taking 5 limits and the lake flipped. lake went from blubird/crap in about 10- 15minutes. friend complained he was shocked touching a rock. i got a good 110v shock picking up ducks from the ice. we heard thunder ,but did not see lightning.

IMG-20110108-00062.jpg

lakeo.jpg

Great picture guys were on Lake o are you all hunting I hunt the east side alot