Sealine X50 vs. Saltist 50 looking for opinions.

chowder

I'm looking to replace a couple Okuma CV45D reels that bit the radish. These are my 10 & 12 color core reels, so no real need for a LC. Billy V got me interested in the Saltist 50 but the Scotchman in me wonders if the Sealine ultra high speed would not work just as well for $70 less? I almost always have one of these deployed so they do get a fair amount of use.

The one thing I don't like on the saltists is where they put the line counters. My left wrist takes a beating on it. I can't be the only one with that problem. I would love to start upgrading to them, but till the counter gets moved, I wont. I don't know anything about the sealine.

Come on Scott......that's not why your wrist is taking a beating...

You can get a saltist without a line counter. Using ten colors or a 300 copper, you really don't need a line counter. I have been using the saltist reels and I love the high speed gears. I may try Okuma reels this year for my coppers. They also have high speed gears in their bigger reels. Good luck with your decision.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] mobile.png

After looking into this further I don't think the model 50 Sealine ultra highspeed is a level wind.I tore apart the Convectors between chores this morning & I think I can fix them fairly cheaply w/ parts from Tuna Tom- don't have the cabbage for a pair of those level wind Saltists , with or without a line counter.$$ :o