Lil Jake - Cayuga - Seneca Cup this year?

We going to do the league again this year? It was a blast whooping those Seneca guys. After that embarrassing defeat I doubt they want to play this year but we should see. If they don't want to do it, maybe we a North South Cayuga Lake league with Sheldrake being the cut off? Or, maybe a Cayuga Seneca north/south with Sampson being the cut off on Seneca?

I'd be glad to do it again this year. I haven't done anything with it mostly because at the end of the season last year the Seneca team got down to only two guys fishing. If there's enough interest I'll set it up again, but it will have to be soon.

hey guys, I am definitely in this year. I think we should up the $$$. If we up the prize money and maybe offer some mid season prizes as well. another thought that might get a few more guys to commit (and would make my life and competitiveness a little easier). I understand the lake specific days, but lets give the option to fish the "other lake" with a penalty on weight. 10lbs fish counts for 5lbs. Just a thought. Lets also see if we can some more guys in. I can help out in any you need.

I don't like to start some thing I can't finish so I did't join last year.... ;( .........If it's mainly weekends I would feel the same way this year. That said if you have room for subs I would be willing to help Team Seneca when I can!!! If not I total understand wish everyone luck and a GOOD time most of all have fun. :yes:

I think it needs to be set days on the weekends only so the playing field, weather wise, is equal. If we allow team members to fish either lake without penalty I think it will help with scheduling and up the enteries of the existing tourney's;example, if members of team seneca want to fish the B&B Spring Derby they will get there points for the seneca team, now that's not to say they have to fish cayuga that day. It just makes since to do this seeing how the majority of us will be fishing these tourney's anyhow, the scales are there and it's more chance for us to get together. More of a team vs. team thing instead of lake vs. lake. Thoughts? I'm going to start putting together a schedule and get it out for all to review.

Here are the ten dates I'd like to use. I think I've missed the Pro-ams and most of the other Lake O dates. This year we will have both days of the weekend to "box" your heaviest five fish for team score.

1. April 30- May 1 (open) 6. July 24 ( 1 day only LOU All)

2. May 21-22 (B&B Spring) 7. Aug 13-14 (Lighthouse Derby)

3. May 28-30 (National) 8. Aug 27-28 (open)

4. June 25-26 (open) 9. Sept ? (B&B Fall) anybody have a date for this

5. July 9-10 (Red Cross) 10. Sept ? (week after B&B Fall)

Tenth date will be at the home lake of the losing team and will be the end of season get together and prize pay out. This will be the only time you will have to fish a specific lake, giving home lake advantage to trailing team to make on more push for the cup. Let me what you guys think. Mark

I think it needs to be set days on the weekends only so the playing field, weather wise, is equal. If we allow team members to fish either lake without penalty I think it will help with scheduling and up the enteries of the existing tourney's;example, if members of team seneca want to fish the B&B Spring Derby they will get there points for the seneca team, now that's not to say they have to fish cayuga that day. It just makes since to do this seeing how the majority of us will be fishing these tourney's anyhow, the scales are there and it's more chance for us to get together. More of a team vs. team thing instead of lake vs. lake. Thoughts? I'm going to start putting together a schedule and get it out for all to review.

I like this idea because I do fish with friends on Cayuga from time to time.

Count me in for team Seneca!

Thanks Scott, did I have the date right for your Light House Derby? I had that date written down but I can't remember where I came up with it.

By the end of the weekend I'll start a new "sign-up" thread with all the dates, rules and a sign up sheet you guys can send me when you mail your entry fee, that way I'll have all the ifo to set up a group e-mail for posting results.

Give me a day or two and post what team you want to fish for, hopefully we get a good and even turn out, start recruiting.

• 1 month later...