3G/4G Network capability on Lake Ontario

Does anyone know what the 3G/4G coverage is on the lake, i.e. as far as how far off shore you can be to still have coverage? I typically fish out of I-Bay between Braddocks and Hedges.

Thanks very much,

- Chris

My Sprint service is very hit-n-miss. One minute it is awesome and very fast, the next I have no service or signal at all. That is for the Mexico Bay area, so doesn't really help you. I learned the one main reason my service is so sporatic is there is apparently only (1) cell tower for the area located along Rt3 in Mexico.

My sprint phones works awsome around hamlin/ rochester shores, out to at least 7 miles. never got and roaming charges even up in thousand islands. If I did Im sure they would credit me back. Ever since they got that new CEO they signed roaming agreements with verizon, and sprint doesnt put a cap on thier date. Their 3 g is faster than Atts 4g and verizons 3g. Sprint plans are way lower then Att and especaily Verizon, Sprints unlimited talk/ text / data plans $69 or $129 for family plan before discounts. I plan on haveing hot spot on my boat this year useing my phone.

Gentlemen,

As always - I thank you all very kindly for your advice. At some point, I'd like to get an I-pad w/ AT&T 3G capability (you can pay for service month to month instead of a lengthy contract) so I can monitor up to the minute weather radar and use the Navionics INavX app.

Thanks very much guys - man, technology really has come a long way......

- Chris

Do not pay the Canadians if you are not in Canadian waters. There is a legal question on their operation here. Be careful on your 911 calls, the Canadian systems pick them up as their government allows a stronger signal system and you may get a Canadian Operator that will not know anything about your area. Tell them that you are in New York State and you will be transferred after a delay.