Fishing Report

Your Name / Boat Name:rolmops

==============

TRIP OVERVIEW

==============

Date(s):4/30

Time on Water:7.30 am until 1.30 pm

Weather/Temp:high fifties

Wind Speed/Direction: in the morning due west later on it turned north but it was a nice breeze

Waves: maybe 1 or 2 feet

Surface Temp: between 45 and 47

LAT/LONG (GPS Cords):

===============

FISHING RESULTS

===============

Total Hits: 4

Total Boated:1

Species Breakdown:browns .1 pike

Hot Lure: gobi,Rapala 9A

Trolling Speed: 2.4

Down Speed:

Boat Depth: 14 feet

Lure Depth: 4 feet

====================

SUMMARY & FURTHER DETAILS

Had some nice hits early on which tore up my 8 pound line .Changed the line to 15 pound and brought the pike in(10 pound?) and let him go again.

Then to finish the day I towed a stranded boater (shake down engine trouble) from about 2 miles away from I-Bay in the lake down to Sutters Marina.I thought it was the right thing to do.

As I left for the day WW4 launched his boat to chase some browns.Hope you did well.

====================

Kudos to you for towing that boat in. That no doubt was appreciated by the owner. I'd gladly do the same for someone else and hope others would help me. And no skunk on your boat. Not a bad day at all.

Got the boat in a little after 3:00 pm, talked to rolmops for a minute and headed west, nothing but mud from IBay to the genny, ran the boards through the crap in front of the river, then we pulled the lines to clean the crap off. Found better color west of the river and got into fish up around the old power plant,hooked up to 6 or 8 huge fish and lost them,( never lose a little one). the boys ganged up on a small CoHo and got him into the boat, two small, back he went. Sure got cold when the sun got down. Well we didn't have to clean fish and we had a good time. 8):beer: and here's one for the tow boat. :beer: . Good job rolmops. :)

Anthony,rumor has it that you will be back at Mayers Marina this year. Is that true?

At least over there Bill is right there and Al lives right across the road and so does Al's son. It is safe to say that they keep an eye on their biz almost 24 hours a day.

Yes, Im now a new guy on the block at Mayers. It was a bitter sweet experience for me to give up my dock of 8 years. Yes, Bill and Al are great guys. The plus side is that I dont have to run the boat 3.2 miles each way from the south of bay to the inlet everytime I go out fishing.