No Boats on Lake

I have family from Rochester to Binghamton to Syracuse so we were discussing where to go this Saturday and I know Oneida Lake has a "no boats on the water" rule right now due to how high the water level is right now. I just found out that Cayuga has the same rule in effect until further notice and I doubt that will change by Saturday. I guess the water levels are so high and there is so much debris in the water that they don't want any boat wakes to disrupt things even further. Here is my question. Does anyone know anything about Coneseus? Just curious if they have the same warning as well as any other lakes around Rochester.

Seneca is open. Pike in there...

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] mobile.png

Seneca is under a "NO WAKE" ordinance so you better plan on launching close to where you want to fish.....

Tight Lines,

Steve

...and just to clarify the Cayuga restrictions: Cayuga boating restriction/ban is only through this Friday...subject to change of course. after that it's a no wake restriction also

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] mobile.png

Just drove by Conesus to check it out and there are 6 trailers in the parking lot making me think those boats are out on the water somewhere. Water level at the launch seems to be normal. So is Conesus open for business on Saturday or what?

I'd call the

New York

DEC Region 8

I was talking to the park person at Lodi Point state park which is closed right now( launch not the park). They told me that Samson state park launch was open right now but VERY close to being closed if the water comes up a inch or so more. The news says no wake from 1000' from shore........I'm still waiting for my first time on the water this season...........good luck and be safe out there !!!!

Zarzycki,

I have not heard anything about Conesus launch being closed, I drove past the outlet yesterday and the amount of water coming out of the outlet looked close to summer levels Conesus really only has a couple major creeks running into it. So I don't think it was affected as much as some of the other lakes.

Tom

I'm going to Presque Isle Bay on Lake Erie ifront of Erie,PA next Saturday to try for big purebred muskies. I'll give the weeds a chance to get up at least 3/4 before I try Conesus.Every where water temps are a little colder then normal for early May.

Good luck to those who go out on Conesus on the opener!

Capt. Larry