red cross derby

Hi all,

i've never fished a trout derby and am curious about the Red Cross Derby.

Will someone give me some details, such as:

Dates

entry fee

is it one fingerlake or all of them?

all salmonids or just lake trout?

what are the prizes for? biggest fish only? how many get prizes (biggest only or top 5 etc)

many thanks,

dre marquis

• 2 weeks later...

I was just curious if anyone else ran into to this.......

I tried to register today online and when I got to the point of paying the total w/ the lunker fee said $35.00 instead of the 30 it should have been since it is well before July 1.

Hi all,

i have never fished a derby and even after reading the brochure for the red cross derby, i'm not sure what the rules are for winning. I know there are 2 lunker categories - the biggest bass and the biggest salmonid when the lunker prize. Regarding lake trout (and other salmonid categories) - do you weigh in a 5 fish limit (or 3 fish for lakers) or is that also just the 1 largest fish for each salmonid.

i plan to primarily jig, so i will probably only catch lakers. In short, when i weigh in, should i just bring my biggest laker or all 3 lakers?

thanks,

andre

generally 10 lbs or bigger it takes in laker there is a 800 hotline number you can call if he doesnt answer leave a message he will call you back,but i wouldn't waist fishin time unless its over 10lbs i would still keep fishin unless your in contention for big money you can place in more than one my boy last year won rainbow and took 7th in laker jiggin the 7th place fish weighed 10.48 and thats the norm

• 2 weeks later...

Now how does it work when you register online. How do you get that registration number that they talk about that you need at weigh-in? I got my receipt and everything just i dont know about that number.

i registered on 6/23 via the web (received a receipt from papal that my $30 was deducted from my account for the red cross) but have received NOTHING from the redcross - no receipt, no registration # etc. I have been making calls to the redcross but the person i need to speak with hasn't been there and isn't returning my calls...

anyone else having similar problems?

dre

Again, the receipt you get from paypal is your registration. You will not get anything from the red cross. Just print your paypal receipt and bring it with you if you weigh in a fish. The receipt # is your registration #.

[ Post made via Android ] Android.png