Porta bote on Ontario lake

fishaddict

Hi everyone

I am wondering if anybody used/ seen being used a porta- bote with small gas outboard for an open lake fishing whithin 3-4 miles off shore in the areas like Sandy pond or Sodus for spring/fall trout/ salmon trolling. I have read about a guy fishing on a kayak and trolling a dipsy. Any kind of thougts would be kindly appreciated.

67views and no reply. I guess the idea of Porta Bote on Ontario is crazy? I live in NYC and was thinking about bringing a 12footer on calm weather weekends and fish within 3 mile radius of a bay entrance. My friend has a boat on Salmon river and We fished these waters plenty of times. Trouble is that our time off are not matching in about 50 %.

Disclaimer: I have no affiliation with abovementioned company

Mike

[ Post made via iPhone ] iPhone.png

It is a folding boat that is a good seaworthy unit for what it is but I must say he has a lot bigger, well you know, then i got to take that 3 miles off shore in the big O! But that is just my humble opinion.

Back about eight to ten years ago, there was an older retired gentleman from northern Pa. who used to stay at the Fair Haven State Park campgrounds for a couple of weeks to catch the fall salmon run in Sterling Creek. He and his Basset Hound would fish Sterling Pond and Little Sodus Bay with his car-top folding boat. But I never saw him venture out into the lake!

Jim