Cayuga 07/24/11

Fished out of Meyers in the LOU tournament with some great guys from the area. It was nice to meet the guys from the Forum that showed up to fish today, and it sounded like every one had a good time. Chowder cleaned up with his big Laker and gets to drink :beer: from the cup for the year :clap: . As for the fishing my guys were not sceduled to show till 6:30 so around 5:30 we ran to the West side across from Meyers to check an area we had not fished this year. I put down the first rigger down 55 with a glow spoon, take my hand off it and it takes off. After an air show I get a big salmon up to the boat and off he comes, damn down one, :lol: . Now my clients call so we run in pick them up and head back to the same spot. Down go the riggers two more good 6 to 8lb salmon on and off they go. Now im looking at Jason and asking who the hell has the bananas :o . We decide to make another pass to get our silver fish we put two in the boat under 4lbs and head North to Laker land. We caught several Lakers and small salmon up to 9lbs but didn't get the big guys today. Core 10 and 12 color and copper 300 were hot as well as the riggers at 45 and 60, the wire was slow during the morning hours but the Lake O Glow fly started to fire around 11am. We were one shy of Five Guys, I got a deal with Jason if we put 30 fish in the boat on a trip I got to take his ass to Five Guys :lol: so 29 in boat today with some nice ones lost that didn't make it to the church fish fry. I think we finished up at the scales with around 31lbs not enough to catch the big winner but we all had a great time. Sean

Great job guys !!!! :yes::yes::yes: Sucks when you lose those nice ones at the boat... Was looking forward to fishing this tournament this year but was in NC all week and got back late last night :( so gonna have to wait til next year .... As far as the Five Guys goes you probably caught over 30 fish but just know us Southside boys cant count LOL.... Glad to hear the tourney was a success... I cant wait to get back out fishing this weekend I'm having withdrawal .....

Sounds like our day. We had a few good fish on that we lost behind the boat. Everything else was too small to do us any good for the tournament. We did donate one small laker that was hooked deep to Rollie.

Kyle