Meat Rigs

When is the best time to use meat rigs? Ill be heading up to lake O in a few weeks and have an array of flies and spoons and want to try a fillet on a fly and see what happens.. Is mid Aug. a good time to try it out? Also whats the best presentation, on the riggers or dipsies? Thanks!

Meat rigs work all the time..................meat fillet on a fly I have no idea.......seems like it would kill the action of the fly unless I'm missing some thing in the way you put down what you want to do........ when you fish a meat rig you check the roll of the fillet in the meat head........with it hooked to the fly it seems like it would stop the whip-action ......JMHO

I was refering to Sushi flies. Ive never tried them but they look pretty awesome. They are flies designed to have filets on them in tow. They look like they are worth trying but being that this is my first solo trip up to the lake with my own boat I didnt know if there was a time of year that bait works better then others. I found them here, http://shop.gltsupplies.com/merchant2/m ... ct_Code=SF

Sushi flies rock!!! The strip in no way hinders the action of the fly!!! Just make sure you have a good lead length from the flasher to the fly so it still has good action!!! There is something about having a fresh fillet on the fly that big kings like!!!

[ Post made via Android ] Android.png