Skunkaroo! I tried lots of spoons of riggers and atomik flies off of dipseys - from 30-100 down over 35-150 fow - not a hit. the only fish i marked was in 70-75 fow - and quite a bit of them, but no takers.

I got into a few nice ones my first trip out of the Oak, and now i haven't had a single hit for the last 3 trips!!! it took me nearly a year to get a handle on the fingerlakes, now i guess it's starting from scratch again. Fortunately, i'm persistent!

good luck out there,

dre

Everyone has been saying that it has been slow so you are not alone. I haven't been out in over a week but I may try tonite for a couple hours out of Braddocks. If nothing else it should be a nice nite for a boatride. This has been a really great year so far, so a little lull should not be unexpected. The best is yet to come in the next few weeks. :D:D:D

Yea - I was out off of Braddocks Point last night and tried 80-350 ft. Wound up with 1 small king. Temp was higher in 350 than in 100. Couldn't get anything to work, but only had 2 rods. I pulled them early, so only fished from 5:30 to 7:30. Had a few fish swim up and sniff at my lures, but no-one was taking. It was HOT out there (temperature). Maybe that's what caused my GPS to start smoking! Oh well - it's back to RayMarine. Hopefully they'll turn it around quickly.

Yea - I was out off of Braddocks Point last night and tried 80-350 ft. Wound up with 1 small king. Temp was higher in 350 than in 100. Couldn't get anything to work, but only had 2 rods. I pulled them early, so only fished from 5:30 to 7:30. Had a few fish swim up and sniff at my lures, but no-one was taking. It was HOT out there (temperature). Maybe that's what caused my GPS to start smoking! Oh well - it's back to RayMarine. Hopefully they'll turn it around quickly.

Sponge,

Hopefully you have better luck with Raymarine than I did. My autopilot has been back twice and both times they told me there is nothing wrong with it.

Fortunately, i'm persistent!

Sorry dremarquis, but Pat is persistence ;):lol:

Hey it's not just you as I said I went out on Wednesday and got the skunkaroo too :shock: and that was my first all year ;(

Talked with Capt.Pat last night and he had a tough time too getting only a couple of Lakers (he was actually going for them :? :? :? so it's not you it's just that time of year only a little later :evil:

Gambler - only 2 times for the Auto Pilot? Mine went back 4. It took until the 3rd time for them to fix it, then last year the belt broke. Although this was very inconvienent, they were pretty easy to deal with. It took me a while to convice them that they needed to re-machine the face of the unit (SportPilot+). They answer the phone when you call, and seem pretty knowlagable. I stay with Raymarine because of that and I absolutely love my DS600X Fish Finder.