Canandaigua 10/23/2011 w pics

Launched out of Woodville and couldn't believe all the boats at 6 am .. We were fishing in a FLTA tournament and there was also a bass tournament going on the same time we found out but everybody cooperated very well and no problems whatsoever except a very crowded parking lot thanks to the north end launch being closed.... Decided to run just south of the condos and setup shop figuring we would have everything in the water before we hit the SPOT ..... We ran riggers, 3,5,8,12 color cores and 2 coppers, couple top lines and 2 wires ..... Just as we got the last rod in the water WHAM 12 color takes a smash and we get it in with a nice Bow :D ...... Get everything back in again and and the copper fires with its fatter twin brother and we get that one in the boat and feeling pretty good... We caught fish all morning that we released including bunch of small bows and a small brown just under club rule length and one really nice Laker that we couldn't weigh because our final tournament of the year is off fish only tournament... We finished 4th out of 10 boats and I believe tied for third in overall points for the year.... I would like to congratulate all the member of the FLTA and the great group of guys that fish with me , My Dad, Dave and Matt on another great season of fishing and sportsmanship Cant wait til next year already ....

Mike

2011_10_23_10_55_58_166.jpg

Our box

IMG952011102395101011.jpg

Matt's Nice Laker

IMG952011102395083219.jpg

Me loving the beautiful bows this lake produces

Nice report - the lake was SLAMMED! At 07:30 25 bass boats came flying by the marina at 100 mph all trying to get to the same spot - gotta love those bass guys! It was a good morning with the bow bite consistent on the standard spoon program. My wire was quiet all day but the riggers were productive. Unfortunately I went 4/4 with not a single keeper!! All bows in the 2 # range. Great day once the sun came up though...

Also fished on Sunday morning. Launched at 5:30 when there were only two rigs in the parking area. Ran North to my not so secret hot spot..... Ran a spoon program. Went 19 for 21. Catch included 15 'bows, 2 browns and 2 lakers. The two fish that we lost were bruisers....

Finished second out of 10 FLTA boats participating and tied with the Iron Duke crew for third place in the year long standings. Tied with them for the second year in a row- who could imagine that we would fish dead even over the last 20 club events.....

A HUGE thumbs down to the person that parked there bass rig sideways in the parking area- taking up 4 badly needed parking spaces. (others had to park on the road, and who knows how many just gave up and left due to lack of parking).

smaller_bows.jpg

Canandaigua_Bow.jpg

Okay a couple things, first:

Hey secondchance, you should have taken a pic of the douchebag's truck and bad parking decision, one would think seeing the demand for parking would be at a premium with 2 tourneys going on at the same time. All the fisherman know that the Canandaigua State Marine Park (the north end launch ramps) are closed. Obviously that guy's head is so far up is ass he couldn't see the lines painted in the parking lot. Dbub3 posted he went to Woodville launch 10/23 and bagged Canandaigua for Keuka because the parking lot was jammed full. :no: I give a thumbs down to the DEC and the state for closing the North end ramp on Sept 4 ( really? Labor Day weekend was the last weekend for boaters and fisherman??) to rebuild the ramps. Where is the money coming from for this project in our flat broke state? I was in construction for many years in the upper midwest and the pacific northwest and we worked in the winter.

Second, I really like that MI Stinger on Canandaigua!

Okay I'm done ranting.

You're right- we should have taken a picture. I thought of parking them in with my rig, but we left before they did, so that wouldn't have worked.... my other ideas weren't civil so I resisted my less than legal impulses......

As far as the repair/replacement of the north end launch is concerned, I have no idea how or why that launch was picked by Parks and Recreation for upgrade. There are several other state launches in the Finger Lakes that are in much more dire need of repair (Sampson comes to mind). Also, I know that state construction projects are budgeted years in advance, so the money might have approved by a prior administration ( Spitzer planned an spending alot of money on much needed State Park repairs)

For what it is worth, that stinger actually takes more lakers than bows.

Yeah, I dont know what we did wrong. Set up with the usual rainbow program which is usually deadly for us in that lake on the North end. Must be those south end fishlhave different taste :lol: We ran from white rock to Whiskey pt and across, chasing the bait and marks. Am going to venture a little further north next time. It was also our first canandaigua trip of the season, my excuse :D