respooling; Ande Pink vs. Maxima ultragreen

chowder

Been using the Ande Pink 30# on rigger reels. Time to re spool & I'm wondering about Maxima Ultragreen instead of the Ande. I re spooled my planer reels w/ 8lb Maxi 2 years ago & I really like the stuff, so I'm considering putting the 30# version on my rigger reels. Any thoughts? Thanks! -Andy

Maxima is awesome line it's a co-polymer not a mono, I use it in 10 pound for Erie walleye but have caught many large steelies on it, the stuff wears like iron I can't say enough good things about it. I have been using 30 on my rigger reels for salmon for years and won't use anything else. I say go for it you won't be dissapointed.

I switch between fluoro and ultra green. The ultra green is tough as nails. Man if I had to guess I'd say the 8 lb is as tough as a 12 lb floro.

The only thing about the ultra green that I've noticed is that it has a tough time sinking down. It's basically the reason and only reason I have switched to fluorocarbon. In fast water I find the ultra green doesn get down fast enough.

But really a great line.

We used the Ande pink for years and I still run it on my steelhead reels. The abundance of fleas has gotten us hooked on the Cortland Fleaflicker line for rigger use, though. In all honesty, I've never tried the Maxima.