Big Jon vs. Berts

Any one run this style Big Jon set up? If so do they hold well to a big King slammin a mag dipsy set up?? Are they a pain being in the way unlike the Berts that you can take of the track that holds them in place? Please help me with any info I CANT MAKE UP MY MIND WHAT I WANT!!!!!!!!!!!!! http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?VI ... 0219283483

Thanks Matt

-Jaky Baby-

They all work! I was using tite-loks last summer and had my drags cinched down pretty tight. Had one screamer hit and my buddy couldn't get the rod out of the holder. I'm switching to Berts just because they ratchet and you can move them around on the track system. Or take them off easily.

The Big Johns are fine.....Had mine since 1994 and they work great....not sure if they still make them, but the whole triple set up slides right off the base bolted to the boat.....the only other experience I've had are with Vector holders....the Vectors are really nice as well....

With the triple Big Jon holders, if you are running yer rod straight out horizontal with the water is it easy enough to pull it out with a fish on the other end of the line? The ones i have now it is a pain in the but especialy if you are not used to using them, lost ALOT of fish last season when other people tried to get the rod out!

The price is decent with the Big Jons and its tough to fight that sometimes. (solid product too). With that being said the Berts w/ a track system are simply awesome. Lots of versatility and the ratcheting aspect is great for diver rods. If money is no option then its Berts all the way.

I have Big Jon Multi-set rod holders on my riggers.They have a large bolt that goes threw the base plate with a lock washer and a nut on the bottom side.Any time I have put a dipsy in them the one on the starboard side loosens up.I like the rod holders just do not like how they mount on the base.If they used two fasteners or something to stop them from pivoting on the base I would have been happy.Maybe the design is different on the triples.I now have Berts ratcheting rod holders and tracks on the sides of my boat and am very happy with them.If you decide to go with the Berts hear is the best price I found. http://www.franksgreatoutdoors.com/rod- ... 00240.html

I have BIg jons on Berts tracks. They are bullet proof. I had a buddy that works in a machine shop make me custom mounts for the Berts tracks. Big Jon does sell the mounts to fit in Berts tracks if you do not know someone in the machine shop business.