flashers and flies with a meat rig

I new to trolling but I have only read talk of stick bate and spoons, does anyone flateline with flashers and flies or meat rigs or is this stricktly when using downriggers. just bought a boat this season and can't wait to get out on the water. Any tips would be greatly appreciated...... thanks guy's

Questions About Trout & Salmon Trolling?

Post a new topic

Subject:

Message body:

Smilies

View more smilies

Font size: TinySmallNormalLargeHuge

ng have been hearing alote of take about spoons and stick bate but was woundering if you can flate in with flashers and flies or use meat rig's this time of year.

Why do u want to run a ff combo now? Where are you? Ff combo isn't gonna pull to many browns this time of yr. Actually not ever, yes everyone has got a brown in them but its few and far between. You can run the small spin docs and Dodgers with a smaller fly for coho and steelies. But more for cohos.

[ Post made via Android ] Android.png

New to trolling but got the bug, just bought a bunch of ff rigs and was wondering when to use them. Last time out I rigged one pole with them and used 5 oz's of weight, they seemed to work and looked great. As of right now I haven't bought down riggers yet, already spent over 1800$ on hummingbird, poles and lures so any advice is well recieved .... thanks again..... :beer::beer::yes::yes:

Alan it's already been said you can't flatline a flasher/fly or meat rig but if you can't afford a downrigger as yet I suggest you invest in a couple of poor man's downriggrers, in other words a couple of dipsys!

Alan it's already been said you can't flatline a flasher/fly or meat rig but if you can't afford a downrigger as yet I suggest you invest in a couple of poor man's downriggrers, in other words a couple of dipsys!

Either that or some leadcore.

If your going to be fishing kings solo and you don't want to buy Riggers. Get 2 wire diver setups and a 300 copper setup. You can always add snap weights or dive bombs to the copper. As far as spring browns don't over think it. Use bright colors and naturals and let the fish tell you what they want. Starting point speed for me is 2.2 for spring browns. I have best luck with smithwicks and thin fins for stickbaits. Sutton 22 with my special tape is my best spoon for spring browns. Im no expert but I do better than most at the dock. My best advice is if trolling the big o is new to you make sure you'll like it before you spend alot of cash. Screw ups out there usually cost at least 15 bucks. But I had one last yr that cost atleast a 100 bucks.

[ Post made via Android ] Android.png

Thanks for the advice,Just checked Amazon, found Precision Trolling AKA The Bible, it's a little pricey, they want 140$ used, also found a used copy on ebay for 75.00$. Think I stick with your adive for now and see how it goes. Thanks again :D:D