Equipment Failures

antney1

I have two issues that I have been unable to figure out, first is the raw water washdown. When the switch is on the pump runs but doesn't seem to want to prime, alittle bit of water dribbles out the fitting where the hose connects to. The other issue is the vhf, there's power, I can transmit but can't hear anything out of the internal speaker, I can hear it however if I turn my stereo on and switch the stereo to vhf mode. Thanks in advance for your ideas

As far as the washdown goes. Maybe winterized wrong? Cracked housing? Bad impeller? Is your an auto on off with a pressure switch? Is the thru-hull valve on? Plugged intake on thru-hull?

[ Post made via Android ] Android.png

If there is an external speaker plugged into the back of your VHF you wont hear anything out of the internal speaker. If I had to take a stab at your problem I would bet there is a line running from your VHF to your stereo and it is being used as the external speaker. I actually like that idea. Good luck!

it could just be something simple/dumb. I overlooked mine a couple years ago. The stone catcher was plugged. Then this year, when we had the freeze. I replaced a hose nozzle because it split. Then, the pump wouldnt work!!!!! Then, I realized, I never opened the nozzle :$

Antney,

I have the same boat as you - '08 Trophy 2152. I just replaced my raw water pump this off season b/c of the same problem. It lasted me four years (very heavy use) and last year it just started trickling and had a hard time maintaining prime. It would run but "pulsate" as if it was a bad impeller or the motor was going bad. I cleaned out the filter, checked all lines and there was no evidence of blockage. Pump was expensive and hard to find but I bought one online - very easy install.

I know it doesn't help, but I dealt with this all of last year and my only option was replacement.

Good luck,

- Chris

Thanks for the help....I wasn't sure about the VHF, thought you should be able to hear from both the internal and external, so that problems solved, if it's connected to an external speaker the internal does not work. Now for the washdown, there is a shutoff valve below the pump with a yellow handle, I've tried it with the handle up and down and still nothing. I'm going to ask the dealer for a new pump and hope that solves my problem...thanks !

worth a shot, just narrow through the simple things. A buddy of mine had his set in the water last year, and forgot to remove the tape off all of his thru-hulls. Had to pull each hose off and poke holes in them till the water was warm enough to go under and remove by hand.

Another thing to try, if there is a "cup" inline with the washdown make sure its fill first and use some Vasoline/petrolium jelly on the rubber O-ring to ensure an airt ight seal. i had to do this this spring myself and has been solid since