Perch Contest Sat. May 19,2012

jimski2

The Southtowns Walleye Club, S-5895 Southwestern Boulevard, Hamburg, NY will have a weigh in of your 5 heaviest perch next Saturday with weigh in 12 to 2PM. You can sign in Thursday evening, May17, 7:00PM at their meeting, membership $25 plus $10 entry fee. After the weigh in, the perch will be cleaned and served with a fresh caught perch dinner, hopefully for you and your family.

This is a social contest with fraternization the main benefit, money is secondary.

There are no waters restricted, in fact several years we had bad weather and most boats could not get out on Lake Erie. I spoke with "Blueeye" about starting this information site and it works. A lot of viewers are participating and that is how things work, you need numbers to help the operations.

Our biggest problem in sport fishing is a lack of new blood out there. License sales are declining and to start youngsters out right we need action for them, they are bored with trolling for hours in a rocking boat. After they get through the panfish stage, they look for more like salmon and trout fishing, but first you have to get them started.

A real good site for walleye, perch and bass is:

http://www.ohiogamefishing.com/communit ... y.php?f=11

• 2 weeks later...

Wow, nice work jim. Sounds like a great time. Always a fan of the Southtowns club, but your observations are right on.

A chum from the local bar (anchor inn) Arch loves the club. I chat with him everytime I get.

Contest was won by Herb Schultz with five fish weighing 7.7 lbs. They payout for the top ten places. You needed better than 5.5 lbs just to place. Lots of perch caught yesterday. Great tournament. Great turnout for the picnic. Mark your calendars for next year.