Canandaigua 6/3

Sunday morning of the Canandaigua Trout Derby tcon Tom his son Dustin and 33canuck and I cruised to Menteth Point and worked south in 110-165 FOW to Onanda Park, we picked up two 5 lb lake trout right off the bat on 350' copper with mag nbk off inline board and 47' rigger with stinger copper puke. Then we had a lull. We changed up alot, had a couple tangles with our 10 rod spread running 4 boards and 2 wires, 3 riggers and 600' copper down the chute. The bite picked up again for us around 11:00 am just as tcon had predicted. 33 canuck had his 600' copper fire down chute, I reeled her in for the guys to show em how it's done. Alas though just another 5 lb lake trout. At that point we were east side out from pelican point in 220 FOW. We trolled into that 120-165 foot zone again picking up a small bow on 7 colors. Spoons nbk, copper puke, glow frog and glow spin dr mirage fly had hits on riggers. 7 lake trout and and 1 bow, all the lake trout were 4-5 lb class. We just got in before the downpour, so we headed to the weigh station and talked to some guys who were weighing the fish. We had some laughs shared a story, I met the waterwolf from sanders board, and got a recipe from an old timer.

No boat and fish pics too busy washing my lures, but here is a recipe for bacon wrapped trout.

I pinbone and trim the fillets very well, cutting the filets in 1"x6" piece pull the bacon to stretch it so it can wrap the whole piece of filet. I warm the pan to medium heat and cook turning the fish all the way around to cook and crisp the bacon. A little green salad and ranch dressing.

100_4354.jpg

100_4358.jpg

Mike,

Once again thanks for a great trip plenty of excitment despite the lack of lunkers! I only wish we could have weighed in the white buoy with the 100ft. of cloths line with the coffee can full of cement that someone so graciously left in 120 fow :lol: . Kurt it was nice to finally meet you, we should do a big gathering on the ice this year, if we have ice :o and you should come too Mike.

Tom

LOL, that buoy wa a hell of a catch, showed us how fast we could bring in a 10 rod spread :( Was a fun day regardless of hte derby placement, any day the Canan gives up 8 of her bounty I think can't be a bad day. Looking forward to the next trip. And I hate to wish for ice already but I will ;)