Fishing Report

LongLine

Up at 3:30, gear’d up the boat, stopped for gas then launched at the river. Very peaceful in the morning. Had a visitor in the harbor tied up on the West side:

RussellA7-14012.jpg

Pretty good overcast that cleared up around 8:30. River surface 79F. Slight SW wind. Headed out and off to the left again, flying solo. Didn’t stop till I hit 100FOW & 74F on surface.

RussellC7-14-12.jpg

Saw a couple bait pods at 105 FOW so worked basically 95-120FOW off the plant. Kind of interesting temps. One minute it was 42F down 50 then 10 minutes later it was 54F. Must have been an upwelling this last week?

Anyways rigg’rs set between 30 & 40 back. One set at 70, other at 50 with a stacker 12 ft up. Tried out some clean spoons with home-tape jobs. Prpl Ld’r on a Mongoose & Prpl/grn on Blk and had no reason to change them out. Went 7 out of 9 between 6:00 and 9:00. 6 Kings & 1 Stlhd. Everything worked. Nothing huge but nice fish.

RussellF7-14-12.jpgRussellE7-14-12.jpgRussellD7-14-12.jpgRussellH7-14-12.jpg All Kings had adipose fins.

Quite a few boats out. Maybe saw 10 out there. Some further east. Didn’t see any fleas on my 12Lb. Off at 10:30 as it was getting quite warm out there.

Luck to all,

Tom B.

(LongLine)

LFF -

That's the little fin above the tail. Only Salmoniods have them. For the Last couple yrs or so the NYSDEC has been clipping them off of all stocked fish for their study of stocked vs naturally reproduced fish in the Lake. (Some debate how successful they are) Unfortunately this yrs crop of stocking was not clipped - but that's another issue.

There's a very high probablity that these were all natural fish. i.e. result of natural spawning in out tribs.

Tom B.

(LongLine)