BLOOD RUN COPPER

What about backlashes is it really better?

IMO the 45 needs to be fished out slowly, now understand that I have always been a 30# copper fan and except for in the early days of copper, I have run the thinner stuff. The biggest problem with backlashes occur in the first 50' with any copper, after that you can let it fly under tension. I have found that freespooling the heavier copper (all brands) can lead to lateral drift and has resulted in several crossovers for me mostly related to memory in the cable.

The 32# is super smooth, but it is my understanding that it will soon be unavailable. Myself (300', 150'), Capt. CJ of the Rally Killer (400') and Capt. "bite me" Ed (150') have all been running the 32# and we love it!!!! (so far) This stuff you can let fly on freespool after the first 50' untill you hear the back swivel click through the rod eyes.

I like the 30 lb on my long coppers over 300 ft. Less winchy feeling on the reel. You can use a much smaller reel too, and that is a plus with smaller people who are not accustomed to big tackle. I have kids and women who are ok with the 600 30 lb...I let my copper go out the first 50 feet free spool, with just my thumb on the side of the spool, no clicker on, and run the boat a little faster troll ...and do not get distracted while spoiling out the first 50 ft....overwrapping birds nest sucks :dull:

Mark

[ Post made via Android ] Android.png

The first 50-75 ft coming off the reel of big coppers is always the toughest. keep the clicker on, tight spool tension. :yes:

Keep in mind that the 32# copper doesnt have the same sink rate as 45# copper. So if your fishing 32#, you can achieve the same depths with 45# copper with less line out. It was designed with walleye fisherman in mind (short segments) not salmon fisherman. Although 32# may be easier a little easier to use but 45# will out perform it and hold up better in the long run.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

They are accepting pre-orders over the phone at 616-439-0438. They wont have show pricing up anywhere to take orders online as they are switching websites shortly. They can get you pricing and payment info on the phone and will bring those orders up to the show. Even if you don't pre order there is a good chance they should have plenty of inventory on hand. The only item they wont have a lot of is the bulk 3000' spools of copper, so its wise to pre order on that to make sure you can get it. There will be plenty of diver wire, fluorocarbon in 20-50lb test, copper backer material and rigger mono.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Big thanks to everyone who showed up and stopped by the Lotsa show!   There should be  a number of new dealers on Lake O, Finger Lakes and in Canada carrying Blood Run products this season if you weren't able to get in on the great deals.   A few new items did not make it to the LOTSA show but should be in stores soon and available online at various dealers (Bretts Place, Fish USA, Janns Netcraft, ClearH20 Tackle)

60lb Super Copper

Extreme Rigger Mono

Pink Hard Edge Meat Rig Fluorocarbon Leader

Walleye Super Copper

Walleye Monofilament

Walleye Harness Leader

Edited by profishient1