gander mountain

so i will start off by saying i support the local guy first always, but in this case im not sure ill make it out there in time, planned arrival in pulski is 8 pm friday night and based on posts here we may not go to pulski seems eveyone is saying go to mexico or oswego anyway this is our first trip so we need line and lures/flys ect will gander mountain have this stuff or do we got to wait around sat morning atill opening buy our stuff line or reels the get out fishing Thanks for the help....or if any bait shop guys readinging this do any of you wanna stay open till a couple of guys from nh get there and give us a crash course in lake o fishing and sell us whatwe need.

ADam

I think that in Pulaski, Fat Nancy and the other tackle store across the road and a few houses down (south) are open until 9 in the evening.

In Watertown in the mall, Gander mountain and the Dick's sporting goods shop are about 50 yards apart. between the 2 of them you should be able to get all your suplies

The gander on rt 81 north of syracuse has very very limited selection of trolling stuff. I wouldnt even waste my time stopping there. Go right to lil jons, all seasons or fat nancies.

[ Post made via iPhone ] iPhone.png

You said it Ben!! LOL

Tanner25 you should get the rods ready before you go. Spool up with the correct size mono. As for the wire for dipsy rods you may be out of luck locally. Hopefully you can get that out there the night before so you can spool up.

Cabelas has a selection of lures and flashers and flies for the big lake. Not as good as a shop out there but they do have some.

There was also a guy on either fishwinni.com or craigs list selling all his NY tackle. He had a ton of stuff. not sure if it is still available but worth checking. I also don't remember if it was a lot deal or if he would separate. I believe he would separate.

Just remember the 7 P's......Proper prior planning prevents piss poor performance.

Good luck and make sure to let us know how you make out. If you have any problems out there just ask around at the ramps. The fishermen out there are like no other, willing to help everyone. I guess that is what makes this site so good.

Spike

Found the link: http://nh.craigslist.org/spo/3052580312.html

Good luck.