Evening on the Canan 7/22

Well back to the grind after a weeks vacation, probably the highlight was day 2 when I spent over 12 hours on the water. The day started out on Big O fishing with good friends, the bite was slower than it has been but we did manage to pull some nice teenage Kings, some fine steelies, a tiny brown and some quality lakers. We got off the water around noon I head back to Victor grabbed the boat and took a good duck hunting buddy out on the Charnelia for the afternoon for his first trolling trip. The afternoon started out slow up the east side where we were marking lots of fish 25-40' down over 110-125 then a massive storm rolled in dumping buckets of rain and bam the left side wire fires and Jay has his first fish on, I look over and bam the right side fires, total calamity with the first double on my boat, I quickly real in mine which was about a 4lb bow so I can prepare to land his which ended up being a 6.5lb bow. the rain continues and so doesn't the hot fishing. We ended up going 9 for 9 with 4 bows and 5 lakers mostly wire hits SD FF green patterns and green and silver spoons on the rigger. The rain shut down and the fish stopped hitting but the sun was fading fast so that may have been the ticket.

2012-07-22_19-40-26_581.jpg

2012-07-22_19-40-57_865.jpg

yah we started out our typical deeper sets but all fish were marking high, would you believe we picked up the bows with 120 and 125 on the wires and we got the lakers on a wire set at 90 going over 200 crossing the lake to Weggies cove so I would say def in the top 30-40', maybe the rain had something to do with it. We did mark a few good fish in the 60-80 range but not nearly as many as up high and the deep fsh weren't hitting