Seneca 8/2/12 w/ pics.............

Unless you have a change over in wind one side or the other should be WAY better weed wize....... ssw for a day west side should be GOOD But not around Long Point it will take a while to clear that area out on the north side kind of like a fan pattern as that wind passes the point it moves in, then comes a n or north west wind plugging up both sides on the first day then clearing out some of the east side , ...... I feel your pain it's gets :@ at times , that's why when I fish alone I try to keep it as smiple as I can........but then I'm smiple anyway...... :P:lol:

Oh I moved........100 '........150'.........200'........300'........400'..........Oh I cleaned too !...........& why would I wanna "moon" the fish ????????, you ain't catching me on that one......again :P @ Ed I was a "compass" out there Pal North, South, East, West...........did everything but moon them ;)

It's a myth? We all have tough days out there.. Others, and I have all had some pretty bad ones this year. As far as fleas go, I upped the line on my rigger rods to 40 lb Andes with fluor leaders. No fleas on those rods. As far as fishign goes, they are there, jsut cant keep lines clean long enough. I love running the big spread but were even limited to the few rods now. I have been running bigger lures, and alot deeper as well.. A lot of my big lakers this year have come from over 130 down. But the brown bites are always good if you can find a steady bottom and t-cline..

Nick

Ed, came out of Watkins, EARLY, went way up the West side, crossed over to the East side, criss crossed, zig zagged the North South HELL I even fell out of line & followed "The Office" to see if I could learn something and/or snag some trout off of their spread 8) BUT they have a bigger boat & lost me ;( ........ALL BECAUSE OF YOUR'S, MIKE'S, & SEAN'S POST TOO !!! :rofl: .................Nick..........I'm only fooling around Buddy, I'm very new to this "trolling" & have been terribly spoiled by the easiness of Keuka Lake ;) "myth" was my comical sarcasm ;)

In my opinion and its only my opinion lol Seneca lake is by far the toughest lake to fish but once you learn some of her honey holes and they do change season to season it can be very tough going then throw in weeds and fleas and it can become a fisherman nightmare.. All I can say is it takes a lot of time and patients but after that it will come a lot easier... Good luck guys

Mike

[ Post made via Android ] Android.png

Interesting - just what is the MYTH??????? I did see ya following me on thursday morning - thought I felt sorry for ya because it sucked all morning for me. I just kept going north looking for the lakers I caught wednesday late afternoon north of the salt mine - not there thursday morning. Now some food for thought - Wed. very few fleas on west side - thurs. 1000 times more fleas , esp. down the middle of the lake - WHY???? WED. = LOTS OF LAKERS NORTH OF THE SALT MINE TOWARDS GLENORA - THURS = 2 LAKERS IN THE MORNING.PERIOD???? Thursday morning was a brutal day for fishing - with in 10 minutes my lines tripped because of 30 feet of fleas coating the lines - reduce to 6 poles so I could keep them clean and that was a struggle. But little to no fleas the afternoon wednesday - I'm baffled!!!!!!!!!!