Keuka 8/30/12 & meeting the Canandaigua Troller

Well Frank & I hit Keuka State Park an hour before day break, :sleepy: started putting our gear together by flashlight 8) . 2 minutes after our arrival nice looking rig pulled in, turned out to be Canandaigua Troller, :yes: , NICE meeting other "LOUians".........after sharing information back & forth :rofl: we hit the water, Frank & I set up @ the Park same as I did last week, center of the lake, bow pointing South, Canandaigua Troller was off South in a hurry & was never seen again. We went 6 for 9 on lakers, EVERYTHING was caught @ 158-170 FOW, both wire rods were set @ 300' & 450' back, both down riggers were 25' back & 150' down, 1-8# ball & 1- 15# torpedo, for you who can figure the "blowback" factor.

TODAY'S FLAVORS WERE:

100_6220.jpg

after playing in the wind all morning we were surprised to see that Seneca was like a mirror on our way home..........would have been a great day to try jigs on the South end

:yes::clap:

after playing in the wind all morning we were surprised to see that Seneca was like a mirror on our way home..........would have been a great day to try jigs on the South end

It was honking in the middle from 5:30 am till 8ish when we left to come back home.........the south end was OK because the wind was coming from the SSW no time to build...... so next time figure wind direction VS> where you want to fish.......... you could have hid behind Lodi Point and jigged a limited area or behind Long Point and had a large area there to fish........some big lakers in that area now 110' to 120' on or near the bottom.......... :beer:

Yes it was nice to put a face to a name. Tell Frank thanks for helping me launch my boat since i was flying solo. I made a run south to I think it call Boyd point, about 1 mile north of the bluff on the west side. The fish and bait were stacked up there. At one point I had a triple on and that made things interesting to say the least going into the that wind! Went 11 for 13 with biggest fish just under 5 lb. The fish seemed to get lock jaw around 8:30 but the graph still looked the same as it did in the morning. I tried everything to those fish to keep biting! Most fish came on 130 rigger with mtn dew sd with a white fly, followed by the 290 dipsey with pretty much the same set up. After 9 am I even tried slowing down and running Suttons and flashers with no takers. Can't wait till get back out there in March and April when it's not stop action!

keuka.jpg

keuka2.jpg