Canandaigua 10/28/12

I had talked to a fellow boater in my marina a few times and he was having a hard time getting into fish so I invited him along to fish on my boat. We met at the marina at 9:00 am so I could let my wife sleep in while I took care of Liam. I rigged up and we were dropping lines at the drop off by 9:30. We made our way south past Tichenor Point with 3 riggers with spoons, 2 diver rods, 7 color leadcore on inline planer and 300' copper on inline board. The 300' copper took the first hit pulling a white glow/ chrome 8" echip with an Iron Duke Fly and Nathan boated a 4 1/2 lb laker. We were on the west side and near Menteth Point. We kept trolling south past Wegman's and had another hit on 7 color core with a MI Stinger chicken wing, this time Alan boated a nice 4 1/2 lb rainbow. I turned to the east and made our way back north. We went a little while without another fish. I changed up starboard and center riggers to spin drs and flies at 35' and 45', but ran the port rigger down 70' with a MI Stinger glow frog 55' back. I began to pull the copper in, then the starboard diver rod while I put gear away, I noticed the port rigger rod bouncing fish on. I grabbed the rod and passed it to Nathan and he boated another 4 1/2 lb rainbow. We were right out in front of Tichenor Point in 130 FOW. What a nice way to end the day in the rain. Alan was attentive and asked lots of questions as he is just starting out and trying rig his boat and put more fish in the boat. It was cool to get fish on core, copper and riggers, and varied colors.

Alan was excited to have fish to take home to his wife because his family really enjoys eating fish but they are usually bringing fish home from the store. Good times on the Brown How'ND.

100_5152.jpg

100_5153.jpg

100_5154.jpg

100_5155.jpg

Mike....nice report. It doesn't get much better than tapping into the rainbow connection :>) It also is great fun getting novices into some good action. Hope to connect with you at the launchramp one of these days to chat in person and compare notes. I know its VERY optimistic but I'm getting ready for ice fishing :>)

Les