Canandaigua 11/4/12

Sunday morning I went out on Alan's boat. He wanted some help with his electric downrigger set up and rigging his copper reel. We set out from the marina after getting fuel around 9:30, we started setting lines at the drop off. We saw a few other boats out and picked up our first fish around 10:30 out from Tichenor Point. The Scotty downrigger was pulling an 8" white chrome/ crush glow pro troll echip flasher with the Iron Duke Fly at 35' down. We ran 1 braided dipsy, 2 riggers, 7 color core and 300' copper. The Iron Duke fly had the second hit around 12:00 this time down 55'. We had some snow squalls, sunshine, and overcast skies. Tried spoons on the riggers at first then I switched up to my new favorite fly THE IRON DUKE. Hate to say it but my boat will come out this week, and Alan invited me out on Nov. 18 so I still have one more shot at Miss Canandaigua. It has been a good season.

100_5180.jpg

100_5181.jpg

100_5182.jpg

100_5183.jpg

Good going on getting out there in that weather. We were there too but fishing for other species this time. Nothing like fishing in the wind and snow...sorts out the hard core dudes :>) I am curious though... what does that IronDuke Fly look like (if its not top secret info :>)?

Awesome Job and Great report .... :yes::yes: Glad that Iron Duke Fly is getting it done !!! Congrats on another great season and all your posts and pics always look forward to reading them... Keep up the great work and when I get a chance to winter fish with a open spot on the boat I will surely give you a call and see if you wan to jump on board.... Sk8man here is a pic of the Big Weenie Iron Duke Fly, you can pick them up at Hills Valleys and Streams in Elmira N.Y.

2012_03_28_18_20_04_745.jpg

Mike