Opening Day Buck 2007

laker taker

Thanks Guys!! I havent gotten him scored yet but thinking about 135-140ish? He has great mass all the way out. I think I am taking him in to Scorza Brothers in East Rochester tomorow. I am open to any ideas though? He was hot on the track of a six/seven pointer that was between him and the doe at 7:30am pretty morning about two inches of fresh snow... I guess I made that deers day. I am glad I did'nt pull the trigger on the 6/7... Hunting a beautiful farm in the town of Savannah. I think he was the same deer I missed last year, funny how they stay around....sometimes.

Chuck

Gaint buck Chuck! I'm guessing 145 gross based on the brows and mass. They sure were hot on monday weren't they. I saw 6 different bucks. Finally had a shot at a shooter at 11:00am when I was dressing my doe. :roll: LOL

Craig Thurston in Wayland did a great job on my bow kill last year! Congrats that's a once in a lifetime deer!

Dan, Thanks! And I saw your e-mail back to Steve...Thanks! At some point we have to connect. He and I met yesterday, as he had frozen the head and cape for me. I droped him off at Scorza's yesterday, and having a low sneek right turn mount of him done. I figure it will bring that left antler out front on the mount, and that happened to be the last look he had while on the trail of those other deer.

Happy Thanksgiving!

Chuck

Great Buck!! I saw it at Scorza Bros last week while dropping off some stuff to be tanned. Looks more like a 160 class gross. A lot of oohs and aaahhs while I was there!!!!

Shawn

Hi Chuck,

Sorry it took me so long to reply I was in Pa deer hunting. I would love to connect and learn a thing or two from you and Steve about fishing Canadice and Hemlock. I am getting a small 14 footer next year and should be out there with you guys a time or two. I'll trade you for some trips on the big lake with Steve and I. :D Let us know when you get the buck back I would love to see the mount. Man I hope he goes 165! Like I said that is one hell of a deer. You sure you didn't shoot that in Iowa??? :lol: Just kidding! Take care and talk to you soon.

Hello all,

Had him green scored today green he nets 139-4/8" :D , with a total gross score of 158-1/8" as a main frame 8pt :D . (Dan very strong estimate!) To all thanks to all for the many kind words and best wishes for a great rest of the season!

Chuck

AWESOME! Like I said in my email that deer would gross as a booner if it had G4's. I looked back at my last post and I should have wrote net :( . Didn't mean to cheat ya! :) Also sorry I haven't called I have been traveling a ton. I will give you a call next week. You should get together with Steve and I for our annual muzzleloader hunt. It's always fun! :shock:

BTW check where that deer ranks for a gross score 8 in NYS. I bet you might be in the top ten or very close. Talk to you soon.

• 1 month later...