question for a NY licensed guides

rustyrat

The test is a fairly easy one. Theres is nothing provided to you to study but read over the NYS regulation guide. The test is a mix of general outdoor knowledge and NYS regulations.

The test is a fairly easy one. Theres is nothing provided to you to study but read over the NYS regulation guide. The test is a mix of general outdoor knowledge and NYS regulations.

How in-depth should you get in your studying? Do you need to know all fish limits based on areas and length?

I believe if you have enough interest in becoming a guide then you probably have enough knowledge to pass the test. If i remember correctly they actually provide you with a reg guide with the test.

Took guides test 3 yrs ago basic out door knowledge test. Make sure you know the classes of life preservers and flotation devices if you have a boating endorsement it will be on there. There is a separate test for use boat then there is for fishing. Fishing section Had questions like this. When ice melts on a lake Which part melts first. Middle , edge, or melts evenly. Make sure you know boat right of way and overtaking. As it will be on there. If you are a capt Im sure you know it. I asked dec what I could use for a study guide and he told me questions came from boy scout manual. Bill

[ Post made via iPhone ] iPhone.png