Braid for dipsies

i dont know. it seems everyone has problems with fleas. i used 20 pound sufix fuse last year with my dipsy all year in lake ontario and huron and never ever had a flea problem. i loved the braid over the mono for dipsy's as they seem to run much better in the water and when hooked up it was alot more fun fighting the fish as i could feel EVERYTHING plus believe it or not i had better hook up and landed more fish with the braid.

everyone always says use mono for more stretch but i had better luck with braid but just dont have a tight drag, mine was set just a tad tighter so the dipsy wouldnt be taking line on its own. this is just my personal preference and was MY experience

im using 20lb sufix again this year for my lighter action rods and small dipsy's and possibly 40lb for my bigger dipsy rods/dipsy's

Edited by fieromx3

Cortland line company makes Flee Flicker line that keeps alot of flees off line while trolling in the finger lakes.I use #20 on downriggers and #30 pound on my thermalcline poles. This line can be bought at Fishy Business on Keuka Lake.

I have 2 briad diver rods set up, they spend most of the season in the cabin once fthe fleas start to show up.  I have 500yds of 50 lb power pro that perfectly fills up my Daiwa ADP 47LC's

20 lb is WAY too light for any diver application regardless of line tyle IMO, though I know some guys do successfully use 20 lb wire for divers, I've mostly run 30 lb wire.

Tim 

I used 30# Spiderwire braid on my poles. I haven't had a significant problem with fleas, but when I do get a nice clump I've always been able to get them off without too much fuss. If it gets really bad I just let them dry out and they sorta crumble off. That said, I would probably run wire if it didn't mean changing out my poles.

First of all there are different types of fleas and their ability to adhere to line differs as well. They occur intermittently inthe water column so sometimes you may or may not troll through them. For those folks who have hit massive concentrations of them it is virtually impossible to get your line back in through the eyes of your rod eeven with a roller tip and guides with a fish on especially....they are no fun....

Thirty pound fused fireline crystal. It is expensive but no problem with fleas and after you use it for awhile it becomes more flexible and dives deep with dipsey's.